• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I Need a Athlon 3200 Socket A ?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Calm down dear :p
Best of looking for a mobile 2500 matey those 3200xp's are getting as rare as rocking horse crap. They use less power are cheaper and clock better or at least to equivalent speeds as a 3200 Barton.

Associate
OP
lay-z-boy said:
Indeed :(

Getting a bit tired of the 'post me *** linkz to *** competitorz plz so i can get some hardwarez' threads though.
You can always PM me if you don't wanna post it :p obvisually i'd buy it from here if they sold it hence why i came here first. but they don't so i was wondering if someone knew of a site that sells older merchandise thats all
Overclockers.co.uk is always my first port of call well until they put there prices up :D

Associate
OP
pastymuncher said:
Truth be told you are going to struggle to find them anywhere at all. Your best bet is second hand from auction but you will pay a premium for a decent socket A cpu nowadays.
Yeah thats what i thought theres a couple on ebay i think i'll have to go down that road :(

Soldato
pastymuncher said:
Truth be told you are going to struggle to find them anywhere at all. Your best bet is second hand from auction but you will pay a premium for a decent socket A cpu nowadays.

Premium indeed, sold two 3000's a one 3200 had laying about last year and they went for silly money. :cool:

Soldato
PinkFloyd said:
For the price you can get a 3200 on the bay you can buy a full second hand AMD64 setup.

Seriously, recently picked myself up a decent AGP mobo and a AMD64 3500 for £60.

Exactly! I have a mate that refuses to move from socket A for some damn reason. He recently sold all his kit bar his CPU (a 3200+) because it was killing gfx cards (well his PSU was) and replaced it with other socket A stuff from the auction site! - I nearly wept with despair.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I sold my old socket A mobo and 3200XP Barton last year and bought a 939 Asus 8v and a A64 3500 which sits @ 2.4G lovely. I even had enouth change to get a Freezer for it. System now runs loads faster and much cooler than it ever has. It's the way foward :)
Still on AGP and pulling over 8k on 05 i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom