Canon 50mm f1.8 II has just arrived!

Soldato
Our lovely receptionsit informed me about a small package that had just arrived for me! Opened it up and found a Canon 50mm f1.8 II and a Hoya CP Filter for the Tamron lens thats also on order!

Really looking forward to having a go later, however I have plans for tonight so may not get change to play!

Posted on Monday from HK! Not bad delivery at all!

Now I'm hoping the 17-50 Tamron will be here soon. It should have come at the same time as the 50mm so hopefully there's no problems!

Soldato
OP
^^Gord^^ said:
Just remember it can be used at other apertures than f/1.8! ;)

Yeah I know :p

I think its real test will be on Saturday night. Its my gf's 21st Party and we've rented a function room out. Will be interesting to see how well it performs in low light.

Soldato
OP
Schizophonic said:
Can i asked how much you paid for it? I'm off to HK soon on another holiday and I'm wondering how much price difference Lens cost to RipOff Britiain?

£60. That covered delivery and a 'No VAT' promise from a highly rated site.

Guessing it will be much cheaper in HK :)

Associate
I had the nikon 50mm. but still yet to buy it for my Canon 30D.

Can't decided between 50mm f1.4 / f50 1.8 or 85 f1.8 then I get the sudden urge to buy 135mm F2 or just 70-200 f2.8 !!!

arrrgghh decision decision decision! :confused:

Associate
Heres a pic of the lens hood if anyone wonders what it looks like... It's as mini as the lens! Complete rip off at £18 for a piece of plastic, but ah well! Got a tiny little hoya filter on it too :D

50mm.jpg

Soldato
Wile E. Coyote said:
Dont think aren't may people here who haven't got a nifty fifty, amazing lenses for the price :)
I don't have one - I Just can't see how I would ever use it.

number41 said:
Complete rip off at £18 for a piece of plastic,
Are you refering to the Sto-fen Omni Bounce ;) :p

Soldato
OP
F8.0

IMG_6345.jpg

F16

IMG_6346.jpg

I'll get loads more pics posted as soon as I get chance to go out in the day. Really impressed with it so far and looking forward to trying different subjects :)

Back
Top Bottom