28 Weeks Later

Soldato
Loved the first film, the sequel is due out on May 11th, the first one was really gripping and impressive superb british film, the scenes in london and along the M1 were also very impressive, I look forward to seeing what the next one offers. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Associate
I've only just realised that 28 days later was on the tv tonight and would've watched it if I'd've known because I haven't seen it yet :o

Mind you, I watched The Ring; another film I've never got around to watching before. Quite liked it. Must get around to watching the Japanese original.

Soldato
I was just about to post in here about your silly typo...

I had no idea they were making another! Really enjoy the Days Later so i am (now) looking forward to this. :p

Soldato
Just a quick synopsis:

Six months after the rage virus has annihilated the British Isles, the US Army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. In the first wave of returning refugees, a family is reunited -- but one of them unwittingly carries a terrible secret. The virus is not yet dead, and this time, it is more dangerous than ever.

Stars Robert Carlyle.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks good although I do hope it doesn't move too far away from what made the first film so good (the dark suspense).

Also I noted on that site a preview for AVP2 :)

Permabanned
ah, excellent
I loved the first one, possibly the best zombie film ever made.

really looking to this one :)

we do this kind of film so darn well,
nice and grim

Hollywood just chucks gore at it, and hopes for the best...

Associate
28 Days Later was/is amazing, one of, if not the best zombie film ever although some people insist it's not really a zombie film (Ah well, close enough).

Can't wait to see this, dunno if they'll have that eery feel nailed again though.

Soldato
This is the "American" follow-up isn't it?
I'm afraid I don't hold any high hopes for this at all.
28 Days Later was, when you think about it, an accidental hit.
It had next to no budget, filmed entirely on DV however in typical British style the film was dark and some of the zombie sequences were excellent.

So now we have the follow-up - an American film with a much bigger budget.
Is that so bad?
I think it is - it needed the same people working on it and in the same style.

I hope it's good, I really hope it is as I felt that there was definitely a place for a sequel.
I'm just not convinced by the information that is out there, allbeit not that much at the moment.

Soldato
:eek:

From the short video it seems to still have the same style.

Is Danny Boyle involved at all? I can't see it being much good if he isn't tbh, but will still go and see it if my god damn cinema stops showing absolute crud instead of the films I want to see :mad:

Associate
Fubar said:
Is Danny Boyle involved at all?

According to imdb.com, Danny Boyle is an Executive Producer. Alex Garland (writer of 28 days later) is also an Executive Producer. So there is hope yet.

Soldato
OP
The fact they shot it on DV was one of the best things about it, it gave the film a very dark grimey feeling it wouldnt be the same had it been shot any other way imho.

Back
Top Bottom