just saw the whole saddam video

Permabanned
Just saw the whole video wow guy didnt even beg for his life, saddam had balls walked up looked around and then hanged. He didnt seem to say anything, the others were shouting.
i would post link but can't forum rules.

Soldato
I think they mean the whole whole thing, including the 'best' bit...

I don't think I would wanna watch it. As nasty as the fella was, I still felt a sharp twinge of sadness just watching the noose being put around his neck on the videos shown on the news, maybe it's just me/I'm a wuss.

Permabanned
OP
the video starts him and the 2 guys walking thru the room up the stairs, they place *** rope round his neck then he drops thru the trap door, hardly any leg movement when hes hanging from the rope. but there is a lot of shouting one thing no one looked him in the eye.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why would anybody want to watch a video of somebody being executed?

The only valid reason I can think of is for confirmation of death, but that doesn't seem to be the reason here.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Saddam live with balls, Saddam died with balls. He showed far more guts than those who hanged him.

"Do you consider this bravery?"

More like someone who has accepted his faith and destiny....definitely not bravery.

EDIT
Perhaps it is bravery to him as he sees the whole thing as one big planned drama and the creshendo of it - his own death?

Soldato
Mana said:
did he poo and wee himself when the door dropped?

Probably, but it wouldn't have been through fear. Death would have been pretty much instant and in any case his neck would have broken. He would have known less about it than some of his victims.

It was ironic that the only man who behaved with any dignity was the man being executed.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Saddam live with balls, Saddam died with balls. He showed far more guts than those who hanged him.

If he'd had any true bravery, he'd have fought to the death when the Yanks found him in his 'hidey hole'. He had plenty of artillery there with him, but he came out like a lamb.

I would imagine that he was sedated when he was marched out to be hanged.

Permabanned
ArmyofHarmony said:
why would he beg for his life, knowing it wont change his fate?

I wasnt expecting him to beg, but I expected him to be a bit more upset than he appeared, like mentioned above maybe he was sedated. At the end of the day though he got what he deserved and im glad hes dead.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
He showed little fear through the trail as well... it seems he had accepted he was going to die.

I don't think he was an extremist Muslim as a lot of extremist attitudes and sects went against his ruling. He was secular. Hence he is removed from power and extremism thrives.

Back
Top Bottom