GruppeM fitted

Soldato
Looking good, get some better clips on the go.
Luckily for me the ITR has a pretty damn good intake as stock, so just a spoon filter at some point.

But I do have an itch for a Spoon B Pipe and exhaust :o

Neil.

Soldato
OP
gurusan said:
350 is a tad dear for 2-5hp, a little bit of throttle response, and a noise.

looks nice though

I know those are typical figures for changing the airbox for an open cone but please, do a little research on GruppeM. I even under estimated the figures in my post earlier.

Bare in mind Bigsy ran 212hp with an Icebox (GruppeM is considered to be better), the stock figure for a CTR is 197hp.

Soldato
Liverpool-Lad said:
And always remember to take RR figures with a pinch of salt ;)

especially as at the RR meet the general consensus was that powerstations rollers were over reading by around 5%

Soldato
OP
Firegod said:
How big an opening is the scoop? Doesn't look like it would get much air in (quite narrow), although it might just be the angle of the picture. Anyway, it looks sweet! :) :cool:

I'm stood over it in that pic, the scoops about 40mm deep. Trust me it gets enough air;) Just compare it to how much air the standard airbox gets, which is not a lot.

eidolon said:

hehe;) The ITG was actually dearer for the CTR.. quality kits.

So which RR's are considered accurate?
edit- I mean do we know of one that's more accurate than others..

Last edited:
Soldato
Tim said:
I know those are typical figures for changing the airbox for an open cone but please, do a little research on GruppeM. I even under estimated the figures in my post earlier.

Bare in mind Bigsy ran 212hp with an Icebox (GruppeM is considered to be better), the stock figure for a CTR is 197hp.

Sorry but there's no way an intake is going to give you 15hp. If you have intake, header, full exhaust...then you're lucky to get about 20-25 with a k20a

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
TomO said:
especially as at the RR meet the general consensus was that powerstations rollers were over reading by around 5%

Bah don't say that, I can't go telling people my 172 actually has 183bhp then :( :)

Soldato
OP
gurusan said:
Sorry but there's no way an intake is going to give you 15hp. If you have intake, header, full exhaust...then you're lucky to get about 20-25 with a k20a

I'm not doubting what you're saying, you seem to know Honda engines pretty well looking at some of your previous posts. All i'm doing is quoting other CTR owners from their dyno results, though I am aware they aren't always accurate.

All I know is this thing sounds absolutely amazing, I fancy a drive right now:o

Soldato
Is carbon fibre an expensive material or are companies just all making a mint from it?

I thought carbon fibre is basically graphite. They make tools, tennis raquets, loads of stuff out of that- all sold cheaply. Why are car carbon fibre parts so expensive?

Soldato
Tesla said:
Is carbon fibre an expensive material or are companies just all making a mint from it?

I thought carbon fibre is basically graphite. They make tools, tennis raquets, loads of stuff out of that- all sold cheaply. Why are car carbon fibre parts so expensive?

Dont think its that expensive to make but the research that has gone into it is massive :)

Soldato
gurusan said:
It maybe that the powerstation RR is +5% however it was the ocuk RR day at the hight of summer so that is going to take some off it. Still I remember the day and most cars were coming out bang on if not a little under due to the heat.

I don't think the icebox gave me a full 15bhp, but it's certainly not far off that at all. Torque reading was also virtually bang on.

This is the readout: http://bill.hedworth.googlepages.com/carBHPreadout.pdf Check the air temp.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Whilst that looks good, and possibly sounds good, that has to be the worst place ever for maximum air pressure, and making it bend 180 degrees before getting anywhere near the intake makes me very sad.

Soldato
Faithless said:
Whilst that looks good, and possibly sounds good, that has to be the worst place ever for maximum air pressure, and making it bend 180 degrees before getting anywhere near the intake makes me very sad.

Looks good but you need a baseline run to do a comparison....

Back
Top Bottom