Why don't the bank leave me alone...

Soldato
OP
Vixen said:
You should be able to ask them to put a note on the systems saying you don't want to be asked for any of this stuff again. It might not work perfectly - I'm guessing you don't have an Advantage Gold account if you're getting this a lot, and that's probably their trigger for asking you. However, if they check the customer systems before asking, then you shouldn't get it any more.

I do have advantage gold actually... I'll tell them next time I go in, I should mention it instead of just trying to ignore them lol...

Soldato
Same here, get hassled about the same time every year to have a personal review, basically some pushy sales type telling me I need a loan, income protection, life insurance - anything they can get a good commision from basically.

Absolute rubbish, I ignore it and after a month or so they stop asking me.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
D.Roberts said:
just take the loan m8 and when you get in dept say its the banks fault for pressuring you into it.

read somewhere that this happend and he got away with it.

I'll assume you mean debt

And its people like you that cuase the rest of us to pay more interest on any responsible borrowing we may decide on :rolleyes:

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Suggesting that people should take lending that they can not afford to repay, and suggesting that they claim that its the bank fault is very childish.

As is writing 'NOOOOOOO' ;)

Soldato
OP
Its not so much them "offering me loans to pay off my existing debts" the part I find annoying is that it seems to be every banks' single minded approach to solving peoples debt problems.
But in all honesty I don't see debt as a problem providing you can afford the repayments, my outgoings are less than 1/4 my salary, so its not like im struggling.. Its more likley that i'd actually increase the amounts per month to get rid of them quicker...
The bank seem to believe they're doing you a favour by setting up a ten year loan.

Soldato
in the news today

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/6310633.stm

A woman requested a bank statement and was sent 75,000 names and account numbers to her home.

I left the Halifax after it changed from a building society to a bank they lost my pass book for a month and I was in all sorts of trouble as they wouldn't give me my money until they found it.

The call center in Leeds was a joke as well waiting hours to be transferred to the engaged tone and cut off. People would refuse to tell me their names

Typical conversation

"Hi Sarah here how can I help"
"Hi Sarah this is my XXth time calling before we start can I have your 2nd name so that I refer to our conversation"
"No Sarah will do they log the calls"

Bla bla bla cut off.

"Hi roger here how can I help"

"I already explained to sarah everything can you put me through to her?"
"Can you give me her 2nd name?"
"Err no because she wouldn't give it by the way what's your 2nd name Roger?"

And so it went :( for 3 weeks.

Soldato
WellLLoyds aren't likely to ask me anything for a while. I just upgraded to a platinum account, took out a consolidadtion loan and I've got an appointment to see them atbout a mortguage. That'll teach em!!!

Oh, wait, erm.... have they won??? :confused:

(Sadly all true as well!! I'm such a sucker!! :()

Suspended
jcb33 said:
Well, Do What I Did, I Had An Acount For 14 Years, And Wanted To Change Bank, So I Started An Account With A New Bank, And Kept My Origional Account, Just To Pay For Online MMO Games, I Put A Little In Every Now And Then, It Keeps The Account Open, Thus Still Looks Good :)

You Could Also Have Your Monthly Incomings Go Into Your Original Account, Then Have A Direct Debit Set Up To Transfer Them Each Month To Your New Account, If You Are Worried About It Showing No, Or Little Money Coming In :)

Is that the title of a documentary?

Associate
I find the opposite right now with Barclays, they are climbing over themselves to get me to bugger off and I quite rightly will the next time I come back to England, halving credit limit and taking away my ability to withdraw from cash machines in some countries (most notably england, but not Nigeria surprisingly) for no reason just before I came back off chrimbo hols did not endear me much to them.

Associate
"Account reviews" and "financial health checks" are simply cross-selling opportunities for the bank. Avoid them, the majority of retail banking these days is sales driven and branch staff have targets to work to for products sold.

I bank with several establishments, I research the product I need and ask for it directly as opposed to being sold it. I'd rather be certain I got something I need as opposed to something I don't.

al

Associate
I was getting hassled at Barclays today.. wanting to upgrade me so my overdraft limit was something silly like 10 grand.

I just turned around and said I haven't got time to discuss my sexual life. He looked :confused: and I walked off lol. Yes I'm very weird but its a funny way of shutting them up :p

Permabanned
jas72 said:
And so it went :( for 3 weeks.

What makes you think call centre staff want you calling and asking for them personally? Thats one of the things that annoys me most in my job, people think you are their personal assistant or something, if someone calls back a few days later and expects you to remember their call out of several hundred then most of the time they are going to be let down.

Associate
toy_soldier said:
What makes you think call centre staff want you calling and asking for them personally? Thats one of the things that annoys me most in my job, people think you are their personal assistant or something, if someone calls back a few days later and expects you to remember their call out of several hundred then most of the time they are going to be let down.

Unfortunately you have to give them your name. Personally I think it doesn't matter if you get there name.. what difference would it make???

Back
Top Bottom