Which Linux distro do I need for this app?

Associate
Want to dual boot Linux on my home PC so I can run an app, and these are the requirements - does it matter which one I use, and is Red Hat equivalent to Fedora now (bearing in mind I want a free one)...

Requirements

Intel® processor-based PC, network card, 128 MB main memory minimum (256 MB recommended), 250MB free hard disk space (minimum)

Linux installed, running, and networked (Tested on Red Hat Linux 7.1 through 9.0, SUSE 8.1 and 8.2)

Installer must be logged on as root

Associate
OP
Yeah, I just download VMware player and I'm going to install Fedora using that so I can test the app on my work laptop - I might even be able to run it within that without having to dual boot my home PC.

Associate
I've downloaded and installed the trial version of Paralells which appears to be working okay at the moment. Its installing Ubuntu to a virtual drive as I speak.

Last edited:
Associate
900I said:
There's also Virtualbox

Virtualbox works okay for me + its free. The only problem I am having is getting the VM to full screen. I can get full screen but the display does not get any bigger if that makes sence all I get is a black border. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom