Helping girls

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I just walked up to the post office, a well needed break from work and on the way back there were two damsels in distress with a puncture, newish VW Passat with standard VW alloys. Both too weak to undo the seized on bolts, I had to jump on the brace so they had no chance even though they were trying to do them up. Anyway got the full size steel spare on only to find the bolts bottom out before they make contact with the steel wheel. What's the point in having a spare if the bolts don't fit? Left them waiting for the AA. Feels good to have done something physical today though, I might go for a walk more often.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
My Uncles dad got out his car to help some girl with what looked like Engine troubles.

As he walked over to the car some guy jumped out of the bushes and tryed to smack him in the head with a crowbar so he could hi-jack his car :p

Not every thing is what it seems ;) :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
helpimcrap said:
you sure they didnt have bolts/spacers in the boot for the spare?
Nah I searched through the boot just in case. Probably a case of hubby bought a cheap car, swapped the wheels and pretty nuts and didn't check the spare.

Zip, good point, I never actually thought to check :eek:

Edit: they'd have only got my £7 Primark fleece and a Snickers

Soldato
Good on you for stopping to help, hopefully your'll have some karma returned if you ever get in a fix yourself
I once had a trucker on his way home tow my car about 10 miles, now thats dam helpfull. Got the engine running in the end too and he refused my offer to pay for his petrol

Soldato
I will tend to stop and help anyone who I think is in a pickle.

Quite recently I was driving down a local lane when I see a figure pop in to my vision. This person was starting to walk down a very poorly/virtually unlit road that regularly sees quite high speed, at around 1am. Not only did I nearly run him over, but I saw the person behind narrowly avoid him too. I got to the end of the lane as quick as I could, turned round, and started driving back. I pulled up to him with the window down, said "Mate, you're going to get killed. I'll take you to the end of the lane". Nope. He refused :confused:

Oh well. At least I weren't gonna feel guilty when "Person dies in lane horror crash" was the evening paper's headline :p

Back
Top Bottom