Help me Drain My Loop

Caporegime
PICT0569.jpg

PICT0570.jpg

PICT0568.jpg

PICT0572.jpg

Whats the best way and method to drain my loop and refill it....6 months housekeeping

Associate
I'd guess at putting a washing-up bowl under the rad and draining it that way... but you wount be able to pump the water round and out the system very well liek that. you're probally better letting it drain under gravity. and leave a washing up bown under the back end. it'll take a lot of fiddling, but if you're careful, you can usually tilt and move the system about so the majority of the water drains out like this...

Then, to flush the system, stick a pipe into a bottle/jug of de-ionised/distilled water or cleaning fluid of your choice and let it pump around for about an hour.

Refill in much the same way and off you go!

This is just my guess, looking at those pic's of yours. best just to look at which bits it would be easiest to collect the coolant from.

good luck!

MB4

Associate
easyrider said:
Thanks for that.

So I have one pipe in a bucket and pump it around the system to clean it?

How does that work?

No noob (shouldn't really call you that ;) )

Take just one tube off the rad...Bowl under rad.

Blow the tube so that the water goes through the loop and ends up coming out of the rad into the bucket.

It's what i did ;)

Caporegime
OP
Decided to get new tubing now and cool GFX and NB I think.

Its cheap enough lol

Oh and thanks for calling me a noob,It makes a refreshing change over me giving the answers all the time :D ;)

Soldato
easyrider said:
Decided to get new tubing now and cool GFX and NB I think.

Its cheap enough lol

Oh and thanks for calling me a noob,It makes a refreshing change over me giving the answers all the time :D ;)
just out of interest, what tubing did you get?

Soldato
Looks like you're doing the same as me.. I'm draining my loop tomorrow afternoon. Got pretty much an identical layout to you and I'm going to take off one of the pipes going to my rad with a bowl underneath. I've got an Eclipse like you as well and I'm planning on remounting the rad onto the top panel of the case. Got the whole cut already and the grill in place, just needed the time to empty my loop!

Caporegime
OP
Decided on black tygon...

Looks very cool and will look awsome in the Eclipse

blacktygon.jpg

Anyone know what size tubing the Swiftech Apex kit comes with?

I need black tygon in that size...

Now..... where to look?..............

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just use an innertube from halfords? :D

Nah seriously black tygon looks the business - much better than the green you already have.

7/16 is what swifty uses ;) and black tygon is only available from across the pond afaik.

Soldato
help me drain my loop...

lol, is that some sort of euphamism for filthy friday night activity?

Anyway, seeing as you're changing the tubing etc I would probably just remove the cpu block from the cpu, disconnect the tubing and tip the pc up but then again I am well documented as rather slap dash with these things.

See if you were a real man and had put the whole lot inside your case you could have just removed the whole loop intact and took it to bits in the sink like I normally do.

Oh yeah... n00b.

Soldato
I have never water cooled anything and I could work that out, noob ;)

The black tygon should look excellent with the Eclipse, and you can use the oppertunity to tidy your cables up properly and get some white cathodes/LED fans in there. :)

Caporegime
OP
Raikiri said:
I have never water cooled anything and I could work that out, noob ;)

The black tygon should look excellent with the Eclipse, and you can use the oppertunity to tidy your cables up properly and get some white cathodes/LED fans in there. :)

Thats an oldish pic,I have since tidied my cables, and swapped the mobo and gfx card too. ;)

I agree on the Black Tygon looking excellent with the Eclipse but I disagree about me being a noob! :p

Back
Top Bottom