Blocking websites....

Associate
If its on a work network, and you are the network admin, then you can, on most perimeter firewalls, set an allow/block list. You could block access to all web sites (or just to an allowed list) then allow certain IP addresses to bypass the filtering. That would do it.

Of course, if you arent the network admin, and you block him from accessing the site, and he needs it for legitimate work reasons, then you would be preventing him from doing his job.. best to stay as far away from that scenario as possible

Associate
OP
Yep, points taken onboard. I was a bit miffed yesterday as he was just messing about all day on the bay. Will give a quiet word in the boss' ear and maybe that'll have the desired effect.

Permabanned
DoubleCheese said:
Yep, points taken onboard. I was a bit miffed yesterday as he was just messing about all day on the bay. Will give a quiet word in the boss' ear and maybe that'll have the desired effect.

** The following should be taken with a large pinch of salt ***

Install a keylogger on his system, or find some other way of getting his ebay user name and password. Then, without him knowing, bid on loads of "buy it now's". But for stuff like gimp masks and rubber suits. Then do a fake auction in his name for a pair of your bosses y fronts, complete with skid marks. Then covertly go round the office and let everyone know what he has been doing and give them the link. Finally, print a copy out and leave it on your bosses desk. Sit back, and watch the fireworks.

Permabanned
have you got admin rights to his PC ?
- when you see him on ebay, run this:

PSKILL \\PC-name IEXPLORE

it'll remotely kill his browser
+ repeat till he gets bored

(with a bit of fiddling, you can script this so it's automatic)

I found that blocking sites at the firewall just encouraged proxy/cloaking sites.
By targeting specfic users/sites I could fix problems like this without annoying everyone else. :)

Last edited:
Associate
hey humax,

i see you have an EPoX 9NPA-Ultra

how long you had it. mine just died completely and utterly after 14 months of completely stock use. never overclocked and it just fell over.

Associate
how long you had it. mine just died completely and utterly after 14 months of completely stock use. never overclocked and it just fell over.

Mm I have had mine for about 14months, heres hoping mine falls over to, then I might be able to persuade the missus to buy me a Core 2 rig instead of a new washing machine :(

Associate
buachille said:
hey humax,

i see you have an EPoX 9NPA-Ultra

Hi buachille
had mine for about 18 months . never had any problems with it .if fact i would say its one of the best boards i have ever had . what problems did u have with yours mate
:)

Associate
:D :D :D
it was great. no problems at all. until i tried to boot my puter one time and it appeared to be as useful (in computing terms) as a piece of toast

at this time i was thinking that i should maybe cut a piece of cardboard to atx dimensions, cos i might achieve more functionality. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well this thread is going off topic....

Why don't you just set up user accounts then you can block anything you want for a specific user?

If it's a business you should definatley be using user accounts otherwise it can be almost impossible to tell who did what at what time.

Associate
buachille said:
:D :D :D
it was great. no problems at all. until i tried to boot my puter one time and it appeared to be as useful (in computing terms) as a piece of toast

at this time i was thinking that i should maybe cut a piece of cardboard to atx dimensions, cos i might achieve more functionality. :p

sorry to hear that mate .hope mine dont do that
:)

Back
Top Bottom