Anyone fancy a Trike ?

Soldato
there was a concept vehicle ages ago, like 5/6 years in auto express which had the same wheel layout and i've a feeling you could either go inside it or ride it like a bike, was very weird but very cool, a bit ot, but just wondering if anyone has the vaguest what i'm talking about

on topic: from the pages title i was expecting something more like the 'IT' from south park

looks quite interesting though, but suffers from the major downfall that quads have in the limited leaning in corners

Soldato
looks horrible and probably drives/rides horrible :(

infact im struggling too see why anyone would buy one over a small car or motorbike :(

unless its dead cheap or something

Soldato
Abraham, I think you're thinking of the Corbin Merlin (also in a roadster).

Andy, they actually handle quite well. The guys from Orange County Choppers (Discovery Channel's American Chopper) did a little spiel on them and were genuinely impressed. I've never tried one, but if I ever have the kind of disposeable income that would warrant it, I wouldn't mind giving one a go.

Soldato
Nothing New!!...

RacingThreeWheeler.jpg

snippets11.jpg

Morgan did it years ago!!..

Even though its lifting its wheel, it was found to be more stable cornering than the 'Plastic Pig' (Reliant Robin) layout of 1-Front 2-Rear!...

Theres a kit company (can't remember the name) that use Citroen 'Dollys' as doners!... I nearly bought one a few years ago!!. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Mickey_D said:
Abraham, I think you're thinking of the Corbin Merlin (also in a roadster).

hmmmm, not the one i was thinking of although could be what resulted from the concept, thinking more on it i think it was the result/winner of some technological design competition, the wheels where more out on arms than in that ^ and i think it leant down into corners with the suspension setup

Back
Top Bottom