Welcome one and all, to the GD Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
So what happens now if someone posts a thread in GDZ that's more highbrow than usual? Will it automagically get moved in here or will it only happen if the poster wishes this?

It's just a lot of threads start of highbrow and then become increasingly lighthearted (or spammy if you prefer). Would that still be allowed if the thread is moved into here?

Soldato
Well I can honestly say that if this forum lives up to the ideals originally posted by the beaked one then I for one will be a dedicated user of this forum.:)

I've found that over the past few months that my interest in GD dropped off massively due to the same pap being posted on a regular basis, and also due to the fact that it seemed to be quite a hostile place.

Soldato
Originally posted by pamplemoose
So what happens now if someone posts a thread in GDZ that's more highbrow than usual? Will it automagically get moved in here or will it only happen if the poster wishes this?

It's just a lot of threads start of highbrow and then become increasingly lighthearted (or spammy if you prefer). Would that still be allowed if the thread is moved into here?

You can post in whichever forum you wish, sir, your thread would not be moved from GDZ to here. You're free to post wherever you feel most comfortable.

Associate
Nice forum...not too higbrow, but now at least I don't have to sift through the "look at my new Z48i triple XXX nokia with GPS phone" threads to find something interesting!!

Hope it stays this way - keep up the good work!

Pj

PS

Club sounds better than Zone :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Great decision, bought about by a sorry satare of affairs. If members only contributed to threads that interested them, instead of posting derogatory comments or taking a thread off topic the forums would be a happier and less hostile place.

To say this is the dumb persons SC is wrong though. The trouble with SC is that you have to provide large amounts of justifiction for any statement you post. Failure to do so results in being mercilessly hacked to death. In SC you can't just beleive something because you do.

This forum represents middle ground.

Permabanned
Originally posted by MindYerBeak
You can post in whichever forum you wish, sir, your thread would not be moved from GDZ to here. You're free to post wherever you feel most comfortable.

That was the only doubt I had :)

Was just worried that all the decent threads would be moved in here which would have left it a pile of spam. This may work after all :p

Soldato
Good to see something has been done

Im looking forward to all the members that have been 'scared' off by the spam and have been lurking in the background joining in this forum, come out wherever you are and join in the fun!!! :)

One thing, I presume Braggin Rights are confined the Zone? just checking!!

Soldato
I have a suggestion for GDC, but it would involve a little more work for the dons:

What if any members who are deemed to have spammed in this forum are banned from posting in here? As there is GCZ, it would not affect them being able to post topics they want to, but it would make sure that there was very little spam in this forum. Any opinions?

Soldato
Hmm have to disagree there,

A simple removal of post with a warning should do, if this persists then simply ban from the forums.

A similiar approach would be taken in any other forum where posting is against the rules, so it should be the same regardless of the forum.

Permabanned
LOL. what a farse.

so both forums are for items not covered in other sub forums yeh....

but ones stricktly maintaied by 'dons'

and now this one isnt?

so.

i post in both yeh?

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

iam

iam

Permabanned
I have to say - I'm loving GDC - every single thread in here is quality posting :D

Can we perhaps disable pruning on this forum - as they really are all great theads :)

The fact that people are scared of their posts being deleted (me included) for them being spam means people are putting a LOT more effort into posting - hence every post is a thoroughly good read :)

Another suggestion - for constant spammers of this forum - can we ban them from posting here? :)

Soldato
Top forum people, I would also be pleased if it could remain prune free, we will accumulate much quality information and debate here over time. The lack of smilieys is astonishing (and welcome!)

iam

iam

Permabanned
Originally posted by Fusion
Top forum people, I would also be pleased if it could remain prune free, we will accumulate much quality information and debate here over time. The lack of smilieys is astonishing (and welcome!)

Indeed - you echoed my sentiments sah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom