will it all fit ?

Associate
Good day,

im currently building up a shopping list for a new computer.
however im concerned to weather it will all fit in the box.

heres what im planning to get:

Motherboards
ASUSTeK COMPUTER - ASUS Striker Extreme Republic of Gamers Series

Graphics Cards #1
MSI - NX8800GTX T2D768E - GEFORCE 8800GTX PCI-E VGA-768MB DUAL DVI TVOUT HDT

Graphics Cards #2
MSI - NX8800GTX T2D768E - GEFORCE 8800GTX PCI-E VGA-768MB DUAL DVI TVOUT HDT

System Memory
2 X Corsair DHX XMS2 Dominator Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz Memory

1 X 1GB mem from old comp

Power Supplies
SILVERSTONE /ST75ZF /750-WATT /ATX /80MM FAN /SATA-READY /SLI-READY /PFC /POWER SUPPLY

WD Raptor WD1500ADFD - Hard drive - 150 GB - internal - 3.5" - SATA-150 - 10000 rpm - buffer: 16 MB

Intel Core 2 DUO E6700 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.67GHz (1066FSB)

and i was thinking of putting it all in one of these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-065-AN

however im also concerned to cooling the entire lot and was thinking of buying one of these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-001-TI

but will it all fit ???

im not a hardware person and this is all new to me... so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Man of Honour
It should all fit in there nicely.

You'll have about 5 people jump on you in the morning telling you not to "waste money on a E6700, just buy a E4300/E6300 and overclock it". Normally I'd say that too, but if you're not familiar with overclocking then get the best you can afford.

I do urge you however to consider learning how to overclock, it is very basic and would enable you to buy a £100 cpu and make it as good a performer as the one you have there :)

:Edit: The old RAM won't work by the way.

:edit2: the second link seems to be iffy, try editing it in again.

oh and welcome to the forums :)

:edit3: The link appears to be working again now. I haven't heard much about that heatsink, I've heard many good things about this one however. I'd reccomend it over the Titan as it uses a larger 120mm fan rather than 92mm fans.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
As Mr. Zefan said it's best not to run the RAM that way. I'd go for 2x1 GiB dual channel kit and perhaps later upgrade to 2x4 GiB when the technology improves and games see a benefit from it.

It would be a TREMENDOUS shame to put such a nice rig in such a mediocre case. If you're throwing that much money at this project you might as well put it all in a good case. Take a gander at Lian-Li's V1000 cases.

Associate
OP
crashuk said:
i would go for a bfg evga card.

can you provide a link please ?

zefan:

im currently in auz m8.... so learning to overclock wont be happening for a while ;)

im looking to buy this all when i get back in a few months... by that time i wont have a comp so i think ill just stick to buying the current cpu...

and if i grow more confident i might try and overclock that if its worth it.

but overall yes your right.. i should really learn to overclock... but i do have a tendancy to make things go boom :(

lol

//btw thanks for the welcome :D

BillytheImpaler said:
As Mr. Zefan said it's best not to run the RAM that way. I'd go for 2x1 GiB dual channel kit and perhaps later upgrade to 2x4 GiB when the technology improves and games see a benefit from it.

It would be a TREMENDOUS shame to put such a nice rig in such a mediocre case. If you're throwing that much money at this project you might as well put it all in a good case. Take a gander at Lian-Li's V1000 cases.

is this the place your talking about?

lian li

ok so i take it the 1gig from my old comp wont be much use then...

2 * 1 gb kit such as this ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
~The~King~ said:
is this the place your talking about?

lian li
Yep. they make case like this one:
dscn53000dxgo2.jpg

:eek: :D
~The~King~ said:
Nah, that's DDR. You'll need DDR2 like so: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-058-GL
It's on sale too. ;)

Soldato
If it's really going to be a few months until you're thinking of buying anything, I wouldn't bother doing much window shopping just yet. The next wave of DX10 will probably have been released by the time you seriously think of buying stuff, and well, the computing industry is moving at a mile a minute currently, so half the stuff you look at buying now, could well be out dated, or atleast a lot cheaper come day of purchase :)

Back
Top Bottom