The **Official** Test Drive Unlimited for PC thread

Soldato
Hi all

As the open beta test is now over and it is less than two weeks to the release (according to some sites anyway!) I thought i'd start off this thread to discuss the Full Game (when it comes out).

I've got my copy pre-ordered... anyone else done the same? Any news on release dates - one i've got is 16th Feb.

Associate
I hope not! amazon still says 16th feb, ive pre-ordered it and cant wait to get my hands on it, so bored with games at the moment :(

Soldato
OP
Gigi said:
I hope not! amazon still says 16th feb, ive pre-ordered it and cant wait to get my hands on it, so bored with games at the moment :(

Yes me too. Can't wait for this, really enjoyed the open beta. Not too fussed by the online play tbh but i still hope they iron out any of the net code issues before release.

Associate
Can I ask a silly question.... When you open and played the open beta did you automatically connect to a server? cos in the options you could turn off "AI" name displays and when I did that there were no names at all. Which then lead me to think am i messing with online players or Artificial Intelligent players :confused:

Associate
I've preordered mine from a well known E-Tailor and it says the 16th Feb for the release date, I have also seen this date on a few other sites along with the 13th on some forums.

Soldato
Im undecided if I want to order this or not.

At £30 its a lot, but then again it looks like the game I've always wanted, real world roads and cards with upgrades.

Will there be a demo and should I buy it?

Soldato
Concorde Rules said:
Im undecided if I want to order this or not.

At £30 its a lot, but then again it looks like the game I've always wanted, real world roads and cards with upgrades.

Will there be a demo and should I buy it?

The open beta was a demo I guess.

It's probably the only driving game on PC that fits the criteria you just specified and although i was disappointed with the "physics" at first in the beta, after about 10 minutes i was used to it and was loving it.

Really addictive stuff just cruising around with a mate in the car of your choice.

Also, it can be had for £22 if you know where to look. :D

Associate
I downloaded the Open Beta demo from Usenet, found a key on the net and it worked by rolling back my system time, but then the next day this trick didn't work, gutted, thats why I hope the release date is the 16th as I've waited long enough for it to come onto PC from the 360.

Associate
Really enjoyed the beta actually, I'll probably pick up the full game at some point.

It also ran pretty well on my system, 6600GT held up well.

Back
Top Bottom