How much does a horse weigh, roughly?

Soldato
The critical importance of the feet and legs is summed up by the traditional adage, "no foot, no horse." The horse hoof begins with the distal phalanges, the equivalent of the human fingertip or tip of the toe, surrounded by cartilage and other specialized, blood-rich soft tissues such as the laminae, with the exterior hoof wall and horn of the sole made essentially of the same material as a human fingernail. The end result is that a horse, weighing on average 1,000 pounds, travels on the same bones as a human on tiptoe. For the protection of the hoof under certain conditions, some horses have horseshoes placed on their feet by a professional farrier.

Associate
I'd just pay the £90 to get the E entiltlement saves time if you were ever to get pulled over or needed to carry a bigger horse box or more than one horse. First time i ever towed anything was in a Hilux loaded with about a tonne with a 1 tonne £25k chipper on the back. Needless to say it was quite scary towed it fine however it look a while to get the art of articulated reversing.

Associate
I don't know about all the ins and out of it but i know if we load up the Hilux with a big trailer we're supose to put a tac (same as in a lorry) on it. As a agricultual/forestry vehicle within 25miles of base we don't have to but. Not sure if you'd need to do the same with a car with a horse and horse box. Just a thought, VOSA would love to pull someone for that.

Associate
For private use you don’t need a tac. The trailer test is the same as the 7.5t one except you’re in a car and have a trailer, you have to revert to driving as if you were doing it for your normal car one. :(

Back
Top Bottom