Scariest moment in your life

Suspended
Probably when i was in Canada skiing with my dad last year. We followed two guys who were clearly better than ourselves off piste past a part where it said 'hazardous cliff edge' we decided not to follow them down a very thin part that was about vertical because they were having difficulties

Instead we walked a bit around the mountain then looked over the edge. Not good! a sheer drop and lots of nice rocks. We took skiis off started climbing back up and around where we came from, me following my dad. It was very steep though and my dad slipped and went skidding down the mountain. He picked up speed and turned around going down head first on his back. He screamed "Help" which i dont think ive ever heard him say in that tone, also which I dont think ill every forget either.

He managed to stop by wacking his boots into the ground before the drop and falling probably 200feet or so down rocks!

I slipped aswell but stayed on my ass and dug my boots in before picking up momentum. We both eventually got back around the right side to where I took this pick (we were on the other side about where that arrow is)

Didnt want it to put us off though and we carried on doing black, double black runs and off piste. Whistler/Blackcomb mountains are un-forgiving!

IMG_1570Small.jpg

*just to clarify, my scariest moment was hearing my dad scream for help, although i was scared myself and have been a lot of times. It was just worse hearing my dad

Last edited:
Associate
getting cash from an ATM before entering the student union my back suddenly ceased up... i could barely move, had to hobble home at snails pace. Took 30 mins to get out of bed the next morning... and then I couldn't really move for a week

to this day ive had a real bad back, infact it messed up today... dunno whats up with it (aint as painful as the first time though)

Or when I was watching CSI, then randomly discovered a lump near my nipple, thought i had like breast cancer

turns out it was just an inflamed lymph gland

Suspended
oh yeh, one of mine was when i got stabbed by a tramp with a needle when i was drunk on a night out. Im sure i had a blood mark on my back in the morning so I went to the doctors for a blood test (along with getting my hand repaired after playing a game of 'throw the broken glass up in the air like rain' with a mate) :o

I was very scared then

Soldato
In the passenger seat of a Saab 900 Turbo with my mate doing 40+ on a wet day on the A406 when some Kosovan guy with his kids in the back seat turns in from side road cuts us off, limps at 5mph and stalls, best brakes in the world could'nt have stopped that rear end, thought we were goners. Ended up with 2 written off cars but no injuries, Police had to be called as i was pummeling the guy with blows out of sheer rage, not my finest hour.

Associate
Justintime said:
In the passenger seat of a Saab 900 Turbo with my mate doing 40+ on a wet day on the A406 when some Kosovan guy with his kids in the back seat turns in from side road cuts us off, limps at 5mph and stalls, best brakes in the world could'nt have stopped that rear end, thought we were goners. Ended up with 2 written off cars but no injuries, Police had to be called as i was pummeling the guy with blows out of sheer rage, not my finest hour.

Assaulting someone infront of their children isnt something i'd admit to.

Soldato
I_Am_Vengeance said:
Assaulting someone infront of their children isnt something i'd admit to.

Fair point, but when daddy cuts someone off totally illegaly in a car that'd prolly get laughed at next MOT and then adds insult to injury by stalling and putting EVERYONES life in danger, the big bad people in the other car might not be too pleased, sorry but i don't live my life to be PC to other people and not give it when its called for, his kids were like 16 anyhow :p. BTW Daddy did'nt have a proper license, only a provisional and i'm sure his kids did'nt meet the requirements of experienced drivers to be instructing him ;) So you guys can slate me how much you want and others can agree with you to be in the 'popular opinion' crowd but unless you're there and it happens to you, you don't know how you'd react. Even the police said they only asked the guy if he wanted to press charges because they were obligated to, he did'nt btw.

Last edited:
Soldato
Justintime said:
Fair point, but when daddy cuts someone off totally illegaly in a car that'd prolly get laughed at next MOT and then adds insult to injury by stalling and putting EVERYONES life in danger, the big bad people in the other car might not be too pleased, sorry but i don't live my life to be PC to other people and not give it when its called for, his kids were like 16 anyhow :p. BTW Daddy did'nt have a proper license, only a provisional and i'm sure his kids did'nt meet the requirements of experienced drivers to be instructing him ;) So you guys can slate me how much you want and others can agree with you to be in the 'popular opinion' crowd but unless you're there and it happens to you, you don't know how you'd react. Even the police said they only asked the guy if he wanted to press charges because they were obligated to, he did'nt btw.

PC? How is not "pummelling him with blows, out of rage" not being PC? The only thing i see that as is just.......being a bit of a nutter maybe?

Sure the guy was a tool, and i would have given him a loada verbal. But beat the man?!

Soldato
As i said, it was not my finest hour, i don't make a habit of beating on people but the sheer stupidity and uncalled for grief of the situation and the fact (maybe i should'be mentioned this) that HE came out screaming at us and was a bit hostile himself got to me i suppose.

Suspended
Gas explosion when I was 15 or so. Lit a lighter in a room. Flame grew from the end of the lighter and engulfed the full room. Ear's popped, immense heat. The door wouldn't open(must've been the pressure) The plastic tiles off the ceiling were melting all over my head. I ended up punching the window out and the wall dividing two rooms turned into a pile of rubble on the floor(Again must've been the pressure) it was kinda open plan at that moment. I severed arteries and tendons, 4 and a half hours having microsurgery at the hospital and a couple of weeks picking the tiles off my head which had swelled to twice its size, I was really lucky I wasn't scarred for life apart from my hands, arms. Around 120 - 200 stitches in both arms, hands and it took at least 18 months before my hand felt and worked normal again. Now I'm very precautious regarding fire, I never leave anything plugged in, I make sure the smoke alarms always have working batteries. I may be a bit too precautios now but better safe then sorry. Did I mention 4 of my mates were in the same room and when the **** hit the fan they all pulled sheets over their heads and screamed. None of that **** from me, I wanted to live. That was a true brown trouser moment and one that I shall never forget. Fire kills :)

Soldato
Justintime said:
Your a real man :) not only are his children in shock from a near death experience you beat the **** out of there father in front of them shame on you! :mad: :rolleyes: :o

Associate
Probably when I was 17 and got my 125 motorbike. I went out on it the first afternoon I got it and was having a high old time tearing around at more than twice the speed my old moped used to do.

I don't know what it was - a rush of blood to the head/youthful exuberance/pig ignorance or a mixture of all three :p - but I came up to a level crossing that was raised up on an embankment. I hit this at about 60-65mph and both wheels left the ground - the front wheel touched down first, the bike gave a hell of a wobble but I kept it upright.

People talk about their lives flashing before them when they have a near accident - I can personally say it's true, or something like it anyway. Instinct made me brake and pull over to the side of the road and my brain was going mental - all these rapid images flashing through my head and I was in a cold sweat under my jacket. No doubt caused solely by adrenaline coursing around my veins, but it freaked me out nearly as much as the incident itself. Needless to say, it taught me respect for the bike and what it was capable of.

For a few weeks anyway - now I'm older and more sensible (*cough*) it makes me cringe when I think of how I used to race my best mate home from sixth form. Christ, some of the manoeuvres we pulled - late braking, doing 50 or 60 in a 30 zone, including past the village police station. I had no fear - I had ultimate faith in my riding, my bike and its handling and knew exactly what I could get away with in corners etc - when I think back to those days, I'm amazed I actually reached my 19th birthday.

Soldato
You know, out of all the experiences I had in the military, all the stupid stunts I pulled when I was a teenager, all the idiotic things I did attributed to just being a testosterone riddled man, I have to say the scariest thing I ever experienced would be a tie between two things :

First was when my son was only about 18 months old and we were all out in the front yard. He was running around being a toddler (meaning he was running on his tippy toes). He ran across the grass and caught a toe on the edge of the sidewalk. My wife and I were sitting about 10 feet away and we FELT the sickening SPLAT when his face hit the pavement. I thought for sure by the time I managed to traverse the distance between us that I was going to find his skull completely caved in and brains leaking out on the sidewalk. Turns out that he had a slight bruise above his right eye and a perfect imprint of the cement in his cheek. He probably had a MASSIVE headache from it, but otherwise was fine.

The other was when some idiotic MORON decided to call Child Protective Services on us claiming that we wree beating my son. Cops show up at the door with the CPS rep. We're pushed out of the way and restrained by the cops while demanded to tell where our son was. We were kept inside the house by the cops while the CPS rep took our son out to the van for an inspection. My greatest fear was that they were going to take our son away and we'd never get to see him again, and that if we even made a peep of objection it would be the catalyst for them to do so. It's SO hard not to just scream and go ballistic when you fully believe that someone's going to take your child away from you and you're powerless to do anything. One of the major reasons we took the first available opportunity to move out of Washington state. Thier child protective laws are WAY too extreme, to the point that all it takes is an anonymous call from anybody and the CPS nazis are crawling all over you with a fine toothed comb. At least in Oregon and out here the (rightfully so) idea of innocent until proven guilty is upheld. Out in Washington it's automatically assumed that the parents are guilty and that the slightest sign that you have a spine is cause for your child to end up in protective custody.

Soldato
Will Gill said:
taking ecstacy

beats everything else by a mile and I've had some gnarly scrapes, including completely paralysis, two intensive care visits, being stabbed, guns pulled on me etc... yep given all that and loads more taking my first and last pill was petrifying

Thats mad,first and last time i took ecstacy i ended up getting my head kicked in by about 15 people,then in a police station and then waking up the next day at a workmates house with a ****** of a sore head and body.

Couldnt even see what i was doing that night,everything and everybody was just blurry and slow motion styleeee. :(

I think i was pretty scared when i tripped at the cinema and had to run to the toilets. Around an hour and a half of sitting trying to copy something from trainspotting. Its like...."i want to stand up!!!!!!" then you physically cant.....so you lie there and then you shut your eyes cause the whole place is spinning but even when you shut your eyes your still bloody spinning. :mad: :(

Last edited:

Vix

Vix

Associate
When I was 17 I was plagued by a bloke who would force sex on me. He would usually follow me back to my house, and I was a bit of a wuss so I would let him in. I always felt reasonably safe in my house even though he did nasty stuff. (I'm trying not to be too graphic here, don't want to put anyone off their brekkie!)

Anyhoo, one day he made (I was 17 and a bit of a wuss, and he had threatened to kill me) me go with him to a deserted bit of canal. I was terrified. I really thought he was going to throw me in.

The other time I was scared was when some idiot set fire to my boyfriends car when it was outside our kitchen window. We had two other cars on the driveway too and all we could think about was the fire getting to the petrol tank and what would happen. Fortunately the fire brigade arrived minutes before this happened, but that is so scary.

Soldato
perplex said:
You didn't explain why you couldn't breath? asthma?

Ah, yes, sorry.

When I was young I did have asthma and earlier in the day my older brother who was about 18 at the time, thought it would be funny to throw me into a pool in the middle of January. This pool wasn't heated and, as such, it was freezing cold.

Obviously, my mother worried as my lips turned blue, but she took me home, warmed me up and I felt and looked normal again. The only thing I can guess is that I wasn't actually fine, and my core body tempature must've been affected somehow and lowered quite a bit.

Suffocating to unconsciousness isn't as bad as people imagine. You panic, but the lack of oxygen soon makes your brain go all crazy and dizzy and that's when you really stop thinking about it and just accept it.

It wasn't nice to experience, but at least now I can say 'I have'. :p

Soldato
Vix said:
When I was 17 I was plagued by a bloke who would force sex on me. He would usually follow me back to my house, and I was a bit of a wuss so I would let him in. I always felt reasonably safe in my house even though he did nasty stuff. (I'm trying not to be too graphic here, don't want to put anyone off their brekkie!)

Anyhoo, one day he made (I was 17 and a bit of a wuss, and he had threatened to kill me) me go with him to a deserted bit of canal. I was terrified. I really thought he was going to throw me in.

The other time I was scared was when some idiot set fire to my boyfriends car when it was outside our kitchen window. We had two other cars on the driveway too and all we could think about was the fire getting to the petrol tank and what would happen. Fortunately the fire brigade arrived minutes before this happened, but that is so scary.

So what happened to sex crazy stalker bloke?

Dont you have a uncle chic or dave that could go beat him up? :(

Caporegime
Hard to pick which is scariest for me but its a toss up, nothing too life threatening (bar one) but at the time I would have been happy to have had the earth swallow me up and die.

2 drug related - say no more mind altering stuff really not good for you sometimes! :O

My dad forcing me to go on the Mary Rose type ride the pirate ship that does a loop the loop at age 10, thanks dad.... really thanks a lot I still cant go to a theme park and go any any real rides cos I literally begin to shake with fear lol.

doing 127mph++ in a fiat punto GT at night with a drunk Italian Housemate driving. And he was really drunk compared to me, I have absoloutley no idea how i am still alive and why I even got in the car with him is beyond me I normally have extrelemly good judgement about Idiotic things liek this, I guess I really needed some fags or something. :p That guy needs to be locked up, and i hope he reads this one day, Hope his liscence is revoked for life. Infact he probably already dead. :(

Back
Top Bottom