Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 8th February 2007

Associate
Damn. I'm running a 3.2 at 3.8 and not getting results like yours. Could this be because I'm only running one client?.

I'd say definately yes, i'll give you an example.

if you take some of the worse WUs like

Project : 3038
Core : Gromacs
Frames : 100
Credit : 186

-- fold2 --

Min. Time / Frame : 22mn 11s - 120.74 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 30mn 50s - 86.87 ppd

-- fold1 --

Min. Time / Frame : 31mn 11s - 85.89 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 31mn 52s - 84.05 ppd

The min time on fold2 is when fold1 wasn't running (it couldn't get work for some reason :mad: ). so with one running my machine only did 120ppd, however with the HT i was getting 2*85 = 170ppd. :D

Soldato
This beta fahmon is great. Turns out I'm on about 1700 ppd - 12000 ppw. Might have to get the pcs on all the time. Saves on heating I suppose (heat is where almost all the energy goes I imagine?)

Soldato
rich99million said:
yup I would think so - one way or another
Only other forms of energy would be sound (very small), light (very small - leds), and friction in moving parts (very small - hdd etc.)

Makes sense to leave them on 24/7 in this weather. Still snowing very heavily here. Been snowing all day now, about 6 inches everywhere with up to 5/6 feet on the hills :eek:

Associate
Down by about 1k for me, my main rig has stoppped folding ( :eek: ) for now, while i do lots of programming stuff on it. Once i've finished my honours i shall return hopefully purchase a quad core as well :p
Just my borgs doing work for me now.

Soldato
rich99million said:
this here is your 5000 points Tiffy Kat...

cert.php

you can get your current one on your Stanford stats page :)

Ooh, thankyou kindly :), A sustifikat.

Lovely jubbly :p.

Associate
Ocuk yet again up the production! well done guys, lets keep it going up up and up! 15th in team production is brilliant. Hopefully when everyone sees the SMP light we can break into top 30 teams - should only be a matter of time now.

Poor week for me although half of it was spent without the PC on as i was away - hopefully this week i can find my first 10k+ due to SMP/GPU combo - 3.5k for today is a good start :).

Fold on guys!

Soldato
Cob said:
I don't see why not. You would ofcourse need the AMD64 version.

Damn, only the amd version has 64bit support? I just finished downloading lol. 750megs to go i guess.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
ghost101 said:
Damn, only the amd version has dual core support?
No, you need the 64-bit version because the FAH SMP client only runs on 64-bit Linux.

FYI they're using the "AMD64" moniker as a generic term for x86-64 processors because AMD originally developed the instruction set and they were the first to name it. Intel calls the same instruction set EM64T.

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
No, you need the 64-bit version because the FAH SMP client only runs on 64-bit Linux.

FYI they're using the "AMD64" moniker as a generic term for x86-64 processors because AMD originally developed the instruction set and they were the first to name it. Intel calls the same instruction set EM64T.

yeh just realised

*slaps hand against forehead*

Back
Top Bottom