Advertised & Actual Broadband Speeds.

Man of Honour
Nope.

I don't think you understand.

One of the differences between the old fixed-speed offerings and the newer, rate-adaptive offerings is that there's no training period and no BRAS profile tomfoolery - it's always set at 2mbit, even if you get disconnected 500 times a day.

Soldato
I understand the concept and it's technicality however I clearly don't read my own posts :rolleyes: so didn't notice i'd included the BRAS training period as a variable but but the point still remains the same - More variables exist than those already mentioned including my all time personal favourite of street lighting however Tiscali are the limiting factor here, migrating to a better ISP will more than likley improve the situation but you may wish to check your line to see what sort of speeds they anticipate. Use the Broadband Availability Checker on Sam knows then click on adsl for a breakdown of predicted speeds, it's not 100% accurate and only gives you a best guess but it's better than nothing at all.

Associate
OP
My dad rang BT earlier and they told him our phone would take up to 4M, bit dissappointed really given i'm just about to order 16M broadband, but still, it's only £10pm and they might upgrade the phone line at some point, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom