Hubba Hubba Dubba Dubba

Man of Honour
MrSix said:
Oh yeah, I forgot 0-60 time's make a good car - my mistake.
Come on, keep up, 0-60, 1/4 Mile, and 0-100 is all that's important in a modern car, jees, do you kids know nothing :p

The Elise is a great little car, very nearly bought the wife one a few years ago but at the last minute she went of it (go figure) so we bought something else. Shame really, I would have quite fancied one as a Sunday car.

The Mk5 Golf GTi may not have put a smile on your face Rhyzz and you might not have found the M3 as much fun as your Elise but I can't agree with that myself. I think the M3 was a great hooligan of a car (I had 2 E46 M3's) and the GTi is great fun for throwing around lanes as you take your mates down the pub, with a stop off at the tip to drop off some rubbish (ie its a great all rounder). May not have the finesse of some, may not have the feel of others but as a rounded fun saloon it takes some beating in my book.

Love the Elise, but it's built for a purpose, as is the GTi and the M3. The M3 may lack the feel of an Elise, well most cars do, and it may not corner as well but it's engine craps on anything in any Elise from a great height and if you enjoy tail out fun there is no better car, and though it's a different type of fun to Elise to me it's just as much fun.

Tis all relative ;)

Associate
Rhyzz said:
Not quite, but it's still a polo at the end of the day. Anyone can modify a cars engine but you can't give a car character, and no VW in the world has character. They're all mass produced splat... for lack of a better word!

What rubbish! Please don't tell me that you think the scale of production of a car has ANYTHING to do with character! Most car's that are seen to have character, or that are cult classics ARE mass produced... the original mini, perhaps?

The exclusivity of a car - or even a model, for example, an Elise 111r, doesn't necessarily give it character.

Associate
Alu_ATC said:
What rubbish! Please don't tell me that you think the scale of production of a car has ANYTHING to do with character! Most car's that are seen to have character, or that are cult classics ARE mass produced... the original mini, perhaps?

The exclusivity of a car - or even a model, for example, an Elise 111r, doesn't necessarily give it character.

I never said it did, I simply said that no VW drives as though any effort went into building it.

Look, there are a few people on here who seem to take opinions way to far. Less of the ganging up please and offer your opinion on my opinion instead of just saying 'You aint got a clue' or 'what nonsense'. I have driven the cars, I have given my opinion. Just because it's not what you like to hear, don't go off on one.

Jesus....

Associate
Rhyzz said:
Look, there are a few people on here who seem to take opinions way to far.

Such as people who join a thread and add nothing but negative comments? presented with 4 pics of modified VWs you decided that the best thing you could do to add value was to **** off all VWs. Nice one.

Associate
Rhyzz said:
I never said it did, I simply said that no VW drives as though any effort went into building it.

Perhaps you didn't directly say it, but you did say 'no VW in the world has character. They're all mass produced splat' - I think that pretty much says the same thing as I was refering too. As for no VW has character? Well, I completely disagree, and how you can say that a 70 year old automobile company has never produced a car with character - with the likes of the T2 and the Golf Mk1 Gti, astonishes me.

Rhyzz said:
Look, there are a few people on here who seem to take opinions way to far.

Right, and I'm one of these people of course. Maybe have a look at other things I've posted.

Rhyzz said:
Less of the ganging up please and offer your opinion on my opinion instead of just saying 'You aint got a clue' or 'what nonsense'.

Ganging up? Oh please, your posting in a thread about VW's and say no VW ever has had character, and universally they all drive badly, are slow etc... With comments like that, do you expect everyone to agree with you? I hope not, because you are in the minority. Even those who don't like certain brands, from Ford to VW, can see the merits of each individual car rather than purely say an entire brand is useless.

Rhyzz said:
I have driven the cars, I have given my opinion.

It wasnt your opinion of the driving performance of VW's that bothered me, more your universal 'VW sucks' attitude. Rather narrow minded, imo.

Rhyzz said:
Just because it's not what you like to hear, don't go off on one.

And the same goes for you. My opinion was what you wrote was utter tripe. You gave your opinion, this is mine. Don't throw your toys out of the pram when someone else disagrees with you. I find this whole 'you've taken your opinion too far - but this is my opinion' business quite pathetic. We all know its opinion, you don't need to explain it to us.

Most of us know that 'They're all ugly, sluggish, dog slow and simply awful' (refering to VW's) is not a fact - its your opinion of course, and your entitled to it. But if your going to have an opinion and state it, be prepared to argue your case - you still havnt explained how every single VW ever built doesn't have character. You've just mentioned a few modern VW's.

Rhyzz said:
Jesus....

Praise the lord! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom