BMW M5 is FASSSTTT!

Soldato
After going to pick up my step dad from exeter airport today from where i live it was straight to the BMW garage to collect a BMW M5.

After 1.30-2 hours of driving to the garage we arrived, my first thoughts were "my that car is fugly!". After my step dad had signed all the necessary papers and been shown all the in car computer gadgetry we set off home.

I was trailing behind him most of the time in my festa, i told him to stay with me and for good reason!

I have only known about this since today and mate, this thing is fast!

Once we were at home we relaxed for a bit then went out for a drive!

This thing pulls, pressed the M button straight away to add the extra 100 horses, its really weird for something this big and bulky to be as fast as it is!

My step dad before this had a Porsche Carrera S 997 and that didnt feel as fast as this in all honesty! It may be that im not used to it or the constant acceleration that doesnt stop i dont know but it is very nice!

The acceleration feels different to the porsche, with the porsche you had gaps of fast acceleration with gear changes but with this is your constantly rammed into your seat with the sides of the seat hugging you as you go round corners because of the semi auto gearbox, you can change the ferocity of the gear changes with the touch of a nob, we instantly put it to the fastest gear change which i wish i hadnt as my back is hurting now its that fast!

The gadgetry is amazing, the doors that shut automatically if pushed extremely lightly, the garage door opener built into the rear view mirror, the seats with about a million different movements for ultimate comfort all electric, the dvd player, the windows that change to the amount of light like those glasses do, the M badging is stunning!

Step dads driving to portugal with me in it on friday, he lives down there so only get to see it there unfortunetaly

Heres some pics below, dont slate me, just wanted to share this.

Ill get some proper ones pics tomorrow when its light out!

EDIT- Better pictures on page 2 and 3

The obligatory shot
picture096vs7.jpg

The money shot
picture100wr6.jpg

M badging
picture102ge4.jpg

Interior front very nice leather seat.
picture104bt1.jpg

Interior rear
picture105ih0.jpg

Interior isnt that white, flash is very strong!

This is no doubt the nice car i have ever been in!

As i say ill get som proper pics tomorrow when im more with it and have better light.

Thanks for looking!

Josh

Last edited:
Permabanned
Absolutely stunning, I see the same one most morning on my way into Manchester. Although, those rear DVD screens are fugly and look a bit daft tbh. But, then again maybe i'm just jealous

Soldato
merlin said:
Respect the BREAD. LOL :D

problem now is, we need to keep a log of which cars have had the bread treatment, and when another person claims to have one, we need to choose another random item.. such as a tickle me elmo or something....

Soldato
OP
Conanius said:
problem now is, we need to keep a log of which cars have had the bread treatment, and when another person claims to have one, we need to choose another random item.. such as a tickle me elmo or something....

think of something else householdy, ill do it!

Write my forum name with jam on the side?

lol

Josh

Associate
Stunning car, tell your step-dad to take it easy on the trip until he gets to drier roads, its absolutely lethal out there at the moment! Trying to put down any sort of power in a RWD car just spins up the rear wheels :(

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
BMW's are overated and M5's are rubbish. Your Dads car sucks.

Wicked! Can never please some but i guess your being sarcastic! :p

The headlights rock dont they fox!!! they look superb!

Josh

EDIT- Concrete- Ive been told by my mother to keep him from being silly. :p

Man of Honour
Conanius said:

BEHOLD - THE ORIGINAL AND BEST BREAD PHOTO:

mpowah2.JPG

I believe this photograph - me attempting to prove I own an M5 by putting a loaf of bread on the bonnet of a car which isn't even mine in response to claims by The_Stig that yes, it really is his supercharged C Class becuase he put a sandwich on it, MADE OCUK HISTORY :p

Soldato
OP
spaz said:
OMG you do realise your dad could have bought a second hand lambo for the price of the M5 ;)

Looks awesome, very jealous :)

Contract hire!

He wanted a saloon car that was fast, he had the Porsche 997 for so long that the contract hire company gave it to him so i guess another sports car would be overkill, not bad for a 34 year old!

Its just a shame i never get to see said cars that often about once every 6 months when i can be arsed to fly to portugal, flights are expensive.

Josh

Soldato
OP
ste_bla said:
Didnt your dad ask you why the hell your wondering what you were doing to his new car with a loaf of bread?

hahaha he did actually and i told him the reason and he burst out laughing.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom