Passed!!!

Soldato
Passed at the 2nd attempt, wahey!! :D :D 10 minors :o , 4 on observation alone... *ahem* Ah well, doesn't matter, I can drive now :D Time for the *spec me a car* thread I guess ;)

Soldato
OP
el_dazza said:
4 on observation? I thought you were allowed 3, 4th one = major which= fail? :confused:

Not all together, I had 1 for the reverse around a corner, I had 2 at junctions and 1 for moving off. Makes 4 :)

No no, now is when you really start to learn to drive.

Weeeee, first in with the obligatory OcUK comment

:D :p

Associate
Theres so many choices for cars but if it is your first, then go for something cheap. Like was said above, Now is when you really start to learn and chances are your gonna have a bump (hopefully not though) so better to do it in something that wont hurt your wallet too much.

Image isnt everything either, my first car was a PINK (well faded red) Fiesta, that was firing on 3 cyclinders :p, But a bit of T-Cut and some new spark plugs i had a half decent car, which was far better than walking in the rain and cold!

nice1 on passing :D :D . A stupid taxi driver went into the back of me on my test. The instructers car was 2weeks old was brand new (55reg in sept05). Test got canceled but i passed second 1st time. flipping taxi driver didnt even have to pay for the lessons up2 my next test.

I agree with Keates u deffo learnt to drive after you pass. I assume ya a young driver. Don't do the usual (car around 1k a small engine in a big car like a 1.4 306 thats 8year old). I went for a small (argueably boring) 1litre micra that was almost 5years old at the time with 19k on the clock. Its not fast or the coolest but its one of the few cars out of me and my mates which hasnt broke down or had any problems at all!!!! so cant complain. I also advise against 306s! out of all me mates there have been 7 306s. Between those there have been 3 new clutches, 2 new gearboxes, a new turbo (for deisel ones) and 2 other broken turbos new this new that, and thats just the major problems thers been loadsa small ones. This all due to the cars being old (5-10yrs typically) with highish (petrols 70kish deisels 120k average) miles.

obviously the above paragraph isnt as relevant if ya over 21yrs old, but still old cars can (some ppl have old cars and they never have problems but not many) be nightmares.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Soldato
mglover070588 said:
I also advise against 306s!

Had mine since October adn had no bother since getting it touch wood.

Congrats mate, its a great feeling when you pass. As other say, now you will learn the true way of driving, and they aint kidding. Its so nice being able to adapt to a driving style that is comfortable to you not what you just need to do to pass.

Soldato
Just please god damn don't become a member of the "40mph crew" who proceed to NO SWEARING people off by doing 40mph DOT in a NSL zone. Quite a few adult don't even know what the NSL is! GRRR :mad:

As for people who do less than thirty, I believe the police should be allowed to pull them over for dangerous driving.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Tommy B said:
Just please god damn don't become a member of the "40mph crew" who proceed to NO SWEARING people off by doing 40mph DOT in a NSL zone. Quite a few adult don't even know what the NSL is! GRRR :mad:

As for people who do less than thirty, I believe the police should be allowed to pull them over for dangerous driving.

i hate them people :(

frakker said:
Well done. Wait until you get into a car on your own for the first time! It's a very strange feeling that takes a while to get used to!

i remember the feeling :D It felt almost wrong as if i shouldn't be driving alone.. i felt so free... and dangerous almost :eek:

Back
Top Bottom