Matrix Reloaded - Discuss *[WARNING SPOILER]*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Originally posted by Hellsmk2
The film could also have had the best and most understandable plot ever, but the above reasons would still have meant it was complete utter pap for me (the rave scene was the worst scene ever, the clichéd German, .....

If you are on about who I think you are on about.. .you mean cliched French! :)

Anyway, I really enjoyed the film, but I have to say the whole Zion sequence was pants, and there was excessive use of Bullet Time (which then showed up the CGI bits more, which would not have been as noticably if the CGI bits were played in 'real time')

Soldato
Originally posted by Chopper
YOU SILLY BOY :)

0000 = 0
0001 = 1
0010 = 2
0011 = 3
0100 = 4
0101 = 5

6 zions (0,1,2,3,4,5) 0000 being first, 0101 being sixth Binary Man!

Wouldn't the first Zion logically be numbered 1?

When I start counting sheep to go to sleep, I don't watch a sheep jump over a fence and go... "0..." I start from "1".
The person that wins a race doesn't come in Zeroth, they come in 1st.
The original zion would be the 1st zion, hence it would be 0001.

Just because there is some deep stuff in a film doesn't mean you should read into absolutely everything.

Soldato
Originally posted by Garp
Wouldn't the first Zion logically be numbered 1?

When I start counting sheep to go to sleep, I don't watch a sheep jump over a fence and go... "0..." I start from "1".
The person that wins a race doesn't come in Zeroth, they come in 1st.
The original zion would be the 1st zion, hence it would be 0001.

Just because there is some deep stuff in a film doesn't mean you should read into absolutely everything.

No, you have to remember it's still one big matrix/ computer/ machine, etc, where binary would be taken as is, so the first one would still in fact be 0. (if that made sense)

Either way the film is still complete pap :p

daz

daz

Soldato
The Merovingian is the coolest character/scene.

Who is THIS guy though?
whiteguy.jpg

Neo and the man make eye contact, and the music clearly changes when they do for a second. I believe he could be very significiant.

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
Who is the mother of the matrix?

Some people say it is not the Oracle - when Neo says "The Oracle?" the Architect replies with "Please!"... perhaps suggesting somebody else.

Persephone has been banded about on other internet forums?

Soldato
Quick point. Since when did computer programs ever have genders? Isn't it possible that the Architect means "father" by stereotype? If so then why would the "mother" have to be female? I suppose its just easier for people to accept is all.

daz

daz

Soldato
Could Morpheus be a program?

If the 'real world' is another matrix or another part/level of the matrix, then any of 'the group' could be programs... including Neo, Trinity, Morpheus et al. :o

daz

daz

Soldato
Originally posted by daz

Persephone has been banded about on other internet forums?

"it's really rather simple. The purpose of breasts is to produce milk to feed to babies. For a long time it was thought that the large a woman's breasts the better/more milk her baby had therefore giving the baby an edge. Now given this the mother of the Matrix, containing all of humanity, would have to have spectacular jugs. Also the Oracle is far to old to produce any sort of non-powdered milk. This leaves Trinity and Persephone as the only two women characters in the movie. While Trinity certainly has a nice ass her rack is lacking when compared to Persephone. This leads us to the logical conclusion that Persephone is in fact the mother of the Matrix due to her marvelous mameries. This of course would all be moot if the mother has not yet made an appearance, meaning we are waiting for a more spectacular set of ****."

Quoted from a user on the forum in particular. :p

Soldato
Originally posted by daz
Could Morpheus be a program?

If the 'real world' is another matrix or another part/level of the matrix, then any of 'the group' could be programs... including Neo, Trinity, Morpheus et al. :o

What kind of hope for humanity story would that be? :)

Associate
Just rewatched the orig matrix another interesting point regarding the main fella smith who deffo holds the key: when he's got morpheous tied up res dogs style he states how he hates humans and iterates his desire to leave the matrix: we are like a plague and move from one area to another like an infestation slowly consuming resources before moving to the next.....

How ironic then that smith is moving from one area to the next and infesting people, duplicating himself like the virus that he suggests we are and becomes what he initially despises, "a computer virus" duplicating at his own free will, and then at the end of the second gets his wish and appears to leave the matrix!

Has he done a darth vader and switched sides? Has he discovered the machines have more in common with us humans as than they "thought", like in star wars do we form a symbian circle with the machines? The key is deffo with him & the gimp thats stalking neo!

daz

daz

Soldato
Smith has the power to destroy the matrix!

Just before he kills the guy at the beginning of reloaded and travels down the hardline, he has a short conversation with him.

Man "Oh God!"
Agent Smith "Smith will suffice."

Neo's convo with the oracle
Neo "What does he want?
Oracle "What do all men with power want? More power."

Near the end
Smith "I want it all."

Agent Smith wants to take over, perhaps not just the matrix, but the entire world.

Permabanned
K just got back from seeing this and all I can say is WOW!

I'm still not sure on why Neo can affect the Sentinals in the supposed real world, the only reason I can think of is that they've not really ever been freed and that we haven't yet seen "the real world".

I also think that Agent Smith is gonna be important to the outcome in some way, especially from what it shows you in the Revolutions trailer.

Going to see it again on wednesday and can't wait :)

kianagreen

K

kianagreen

quote:Originally posted by Chopper
YOU SILLY BOY

0000 = 0
0001 = 1
0010 = 2
0011 = 3
0100 = 4
0101 = 5

6 zions (0,1,2,3,4,5) 0000 being first, 0101 being sixth Binary Man!

is binary like a base 1 or something? Like I know when we count we count in base 10 so is binary like a base 1 or something like that similiar?
I know binary is computer code. but I am curious to figure out how you got 6 with the series of numbers.

i think I get it but not sure.

graces
Kianagreen

Xon

Xon

Associate
Stopped reading at page4...

Is it just me or a matrix within a matrix ruins the story completely? I will choose to believe that Zion is in fact just another matrix for rebels but Neo, Morpheus etc are really free. Something I never understood: why access code to Zion if its a real place? :confused: That would be, imo, because its another matrix and the machines dont really have access to it. What if Morpheus knows this but doesn't tell Neo so that Neo fights?

daz

daz

Soldato
Either way, the appearance of the number 101 throughout the film(s) IS significiant - it appears too many times to be coincedence. ;)

It either means 5, as in 5 before, or 6, as in the 6th one. I don't think it matters, it just matters that it's there.

Associate
on a slightly diffferent note, what were the makes of the 2 main cars in the movie?

back to the theory:...

when neo talked to the 'father' of the matrix, neo's possible reactions to questions were demonstrated on the monitors. i got slightly confused, were they still in the matrix then? becuase if they were not, but in fact in 'reality', where the designer man lived, then how could the monitors show neos possible reactions? they couldnt unless it confirms, that 'reality' is another layer of the matrix.

anyone?

IZoneIZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom