Vista H-Premium OEM 32 or 64bit?

Associate
Hey all,

I know this has been asked before but time's moved on a bit now and i'm expecting more and more manufacturers to have developed better and better and drivers since the launch.

Can you give me your experiences so far with 64 and 32 bit Premium as I am very tempted to purchase an OEM version of one of them.

Thanks!

Associate
OP
I really can't justify the extra cost of ultimate for what extras your getting it doesn't seem worth it.

All I really use my PC for is Checking email, surfing and playing WoW.

Soldato
TheDean said:
x64 - but go for Ultimate - You won't regret it!

Why go for all the extra bloatware and price if you don't need it?

Vista HP x64 is the way to go,I have loads of games and programs(32 bit) that work fine with my Vista x64.

Permabanned
0gami said:
... but time's moved on a bit now and i'm expecting more and more manufacturers to have developed better and better and drivers since the launch.

Don't expect too much of the manufacturers. Especially not creative or nVidia. Still sleeping off the Christmas Turkey and Port.

Soldato
0gami said:
Hey all,

I know this has been asked before but time's moved on a bit now and i'm expecting more and more manufacturers to have developed better and better and drivers since the launch.

Can you give me your experiences so far with 64 and 32 bit Premium as I am very tempted to purchase an OEM version of one of them.

Thanks!

Rig in sig has been running Vista x64 excellently since install. No problems, only crashes caused by my PSU slowly dying.

Can't complain about it at all. Even the ATi drivers have been surprisingly quick. :)

Soldato
Just make sure you have drivered for your hardware.
64bit Wi-Fi NIC drivers are rare as well as some hardware made by 'non-major' companies. My terratec TV tuner, wi-fi nic and sound card don't have vista 64bit drivers yet.

The only 3 things other than money that I'm waiting to be sorted.

Edit - Coolio, my TV cards drivers are out. All I need now is a new Wi-Fi card and some drivers for my sound card.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you CPU is 64bit then you are good to go as long as your other major hardware (sound card, network card, graphics card etc.) has 64bit drivers available. You will just have to check on each manufacturer's site.

Back
Top Bottom