• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ati radeon 1150 help

Suspended
hey guys,
i have a ati 1150 in my new dell 1501 inspiron laptop.
the laptop has vista and it sucks at playing world of warcraft, i get a terrible fps, which i have read a lot of vista users are getting.

I was wondering if there were any advanced settings i coukld tweak in the ati control panel to make it work smoother.

I have downloaded the lastest drivers with no luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Soldato
Yeah - unfortunately it's a slow low end card so it's not that quick. That coupled with Vista (on which games tend to currently run slower than on XP) doesn't help

All I can suggest is that you ensure that AA and AF are switched off, try using a low detail texture setting and run it at a low resolution such as 640x480

World of Warcraft isn't that demanding so you should be able to get it to run - it's running fine on my housemates X550 at 1024x768

EDIT: If it's a Vista issue then perhaps there's a patch on the WoW site? Just a thought!

Man of Honour
As already said above just try to lower every setting as much as possible, it really is a badly performing card :(

Man of Honour
As already said above if your available driver settings are Application Managed, 2x, 4x etc then just make sure it is off in the game settings (e.g. WoW display options or whatever).

If there is no "OFF" option available in the driver panel, you have set it to "application managed" and no AA (anti-aliasing) option exists in the game itself, then you can assume it is indeed, off.

Back
Top Bottom