future warhammer games

Associate
I very much doubt there will be anymore expansion packs for the current DoW series.

I frequent the relic forums quite regularly and it appears that a DoW 2 would be more of a dead cert. Dont quote me on this though :)

Soldato
OP
imho i believe that it would have been so much better to do the mmo game in the 40k world not the fantasy world but i guess they needed to compete with Wow and lord of the rings, shame like like it would have been brill joining up with your mates and forming a space marine squad lol

Associate
DOW imo should continue too bring out expansion packs or DOW2 as the previous poster said until all the 40K races are included in the game. After that who knows.

Soldato
There have been rumors (as allways) and hints from Devs that DOW 2 is in the works using CoH`s engine.

Im pretty sure it will happen as the game was massively successful.

Associate
steveo said:
imho i believe that it would have been so much better to do the mmo game in the 40k world not the fantasy world but i guess they needed to compete with Wow and lord of the rings, shame like like it would have been brill joining up with your mates and forming a space marine squad lol

Sooner or later a futuristic MMORPG will take off much like Wow has (well, in my opinion) and the 40k universe would be the daddy of that.

Here's hoping anyway.

Soldato
A game based on EPIC,

with orc gargants an such would be mental!!

Would suit the COH engine as well.

I wanted to see more of the bigger units in DOW, but the scale wouldnt work.

Epic would be ace.

Also what was the other game with ships and such which was brought in to replace epic?

Man of Honour
Datamonkey said:
A game based on EPIC,

with orc gargants an such would be mental!!

Would suit the COH engine as well.

I wanted to see more of the bigger units in DOW, but the scale wouldnt work.

Epic would be ace.

Also what was the other game with ships and such which was brought in to replace epic?

Epic would be cool. Titans and Gargants. :D
I think the spaceship one was Space Fleet. Was fairly crap though.

A good new Space Hulk game would be good too, especially with co-op mode. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
Would be great to see the Nids properly realised in a game, I would love to see the Epic style stuff going in maybe SupCom style there are quite a few big beasties in the game.

40k has would never really fit too well as an fps in my opinion, maybe a properly thought out MMORPG or Battlefield style might work (There was a total conversion for that in 1942 that was in the works IIRC), but most of the races would be cut out, hand to hand never really works well in an fps (I know there are a few which are good but none without their quirks).

Back
Top Bottom