Project Reality 0.5 - BF2 mod

Soldato
Sniffy - yeah voip is enabled - just a problem with it not being so yesterday was fixed a.s.a.p when we found out it was problem!

Hen_Dawg - thanks - up'd to 54 players at present as it's always full! Should have some more information soon re 2 servers - considering a USA maps and a Brit Maps server as the potential 2 servers. Might find that one is more popular than the other etc but will test the water and find out!

Should always be well admin'd now that i have admin powers!!! WORLD DOMINATION!!!!! :p :p :p

Associate
sniffy said:
A second iGi server would be excellent! Your current one is constantly full.

Do you have VOIP on your current server? I heard a few people complaining they couldn't use it yesterday but I thought I've heard people using it before.

Yeah it was only down for about an hour while I was mucking around with another one of our servers.

Associate
Downloaded this last night, from the little time I had on it I was impressed. Adds more depth to an already great game. Shall have another go on this tonight. One thing, does anyone know if you can join servers that are running this mod through 3rd Party programs such as Xfire etc or do you have to use the ingame browser.

Associate
tweakinfreak said:
If I remember rightly you can add the server as a fav in xfire, pop user name and password in first time and then your off?

:) Great Mod!

Ok mate cheers, added the servers mentioned in this thread not tried joining them though, will have a good stint on it later.

Soldato
Not sure why it would be different in Vista 64. I know it runs a bit slower than original BF2 because of bigger maps, longer view distances etc but not enough to do what you are saying. Check the RM forums

Sniffy, was fun playing last nite. I didn't do so well, think I'm still being a bit too gung-ho. With PR you really do have to act more like real war because you get shot so easily if you run in the open. Another thing I was learning is the use of support fire. Again, like real life (well more than BF2) if you have a load of bullets flying over your head, you don't put your head up!
I'd like to see this tactic more with a squad. Getting a couple of guys to lay down support fire while a couple of other flank em :)

Soldato
Hen_Dawg said:
Sniffy, was fun playing last nite. I didn't do so well, think I'm still being a bit too gung-ho. With PR you really do have to act more like real war because you get shot so easily if you run in the open. Another thing I was learning is the use of support fire. Again, like real life (well more than BF2) if you have a load of bullets flying over your head, you don't put your head up!
I'd like to see this tactic more with a squad. Getting a couple of guys to lay down support fire while a couple of other flank em :)

Yeah it was great fun. We was doing really well just before you left. I see what you mean about surpressive fire. I saw you a few times last night laying down fire and it really does help a lot. I'm sure we'll get more into as we play more.

Hopefully see you tonight soldier!

Soldato
yeh this is great mod it came 2nd in the mod of they year awards out of 4000 mod submissions, but i like POE2 a bit better not just because it won mod of the year, well there both great actually :)

Associate
Awesome mod. Been playing for two nights now and it's amazing, probably because of the iGi server ;)

Was on the map set in the hills, British Vs Chinese, British assulting. Was in a really good squad and our whole team worked together assulting, grenades flying everywhere, gunfire all over the shop. Just amazing really.

Soldato
Zacko said:
Awesome mod. Been playing for two nights now and it's amazing, probably because of the iGi server ;)

Was on the map set in the hills, British Vs Chinese, British assulting. Was in a really good squad and our whole team worked together assulting, grenades flying everywhere, gunfire all over the shop. Just amazing really.

Hills of Hamyong is the map you mean - it's a total beast of a map for the british unless you work together as a team. Good map indeed and can be very very hard unless everyone works together!

Thanks for the comments about the server - like i say keep your eyes peeled for a 2nd iGi server in the near future!

Soldato
I think playing with people you recognise is a lot better. I plan to get on tonight at some point, so your all on the iGi servers?

Soldato
I try to get on the iGi server, took about 15 minutes to get a spot last nite though! I play on it thanks to the iGi publicist, is booyaka your name in BF2, haven't seen you online under that name? If not what is it? thx

Any idea how your possible second server would differ from the current?

Another question bout the mod now. Does anyone else have issues with their 3D sound? I often can't position tanks and choppers. It gets rather confusing

Back
Top Bottom