**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
ok m8 cheers, so that must mean i need to update something else then??????
ive gone to the device manager and i have no exclamation marks to go by so im lost a bit....any suggestions?

Soldato
cocker92 said:
ok m8 cheers, so that must mean i need to update something else then??????
ive gone to the device manager and i have no exclamation marks to go by so im lost a bit....any suggestions?

Best to ask in the networking forum.

It'll be to do with network cards, router setup and DHCP I suspect.

Soldato

Sorry to bring this back, but having cold boot problems, A.K.A. 0075 :( Tried all the solutions I could find, i.e...
  • Set DVD Writer (only IDE device in rig) to Cable Select;
  • & SATAII set to IDE Operating Mode & Strong Driving.
Running latest BIOS (2.30) & 2 SATA drives. Recently upgraded to X2 4600+ from 64 3000+ & problem was not there with that setup :confused:

Find that it happens more often when booting from Hibernate than complete Shutdown.

Associate
A little help please

Hey im playing about with ram settings and cant figure out how to make the ram idle timer drop to 16 clocks.Im viewing it through cpu-z.

Mines on 256 clocks.And the bios is beta bios 1
thanks

Soldato
How do I set the ram divider?

CPU-Z says its at FSB:CPU - 14/1!

So my ram is only running 192MHz whereas my CPU is at 2.7GHz.

The odd thing is HTT reads 300MHz.

Ideally I'd want my ram up to around 250MHz even if that meant lowering the CPU clock a little, how do I do it in the bios as I can't see a setting that would change it? :confused:

Soldato
Edleake said:
How do I set the ram divider?

CPU-Z says its at FSB:CPU - 14/1!

So my ram is only running 192MHz whereas my CPU is at 2.7GHz.

The odd thing is HTT reads 300MHz.

Ideally I'd want my ram up to around 250MHz even if that meant lowering the CPU clock a little, how do I do it in the bios as I can't see a setting that would change it? :confused:

Been a while but, find the term "Flexibilty Option" in the bios and disable it. Then on the same page slightly lower down look for the memory speed, should say 200, 166 or 133. Set it at 200 to run your memory at 1/1. So setting the FSb to 200 will run the memory at 200 e.t.c. The HTT settings are on the second page.

Read through a few early pages of this thread to find all the information you should need.

Soldato
Cheers dude.

I'm managing just over 10,000 in 3dmark05 with my ram at 200MHz and a 1900Pro which for a single core 'old' system seems rather good?

I'll have a play with that flexibilty option and see what the ram can really muster.

Soldato
Anyway...

Got a Zalman fanmate 2 but even on the lowest setting the stock AMD cooler was making an annoying ticking noise. Freezer 64 pro and I'm happy. The PC isn't silent but it's at least quiet now.

Anyone using Vista x64 as their main OS with this board and pleased enough with both performance and stability yet? I'm not bothered about using AGP or RAID, which were the main problems to start off with.

Soldato
Uriel said:
Anyway...

Got a Zalman fanmate 2 but even on the lowest setting the stock AMD cooler was making an annoying ticking noise. Freezer 64 pro and I'm happy. The PC isn't silent but it's at least quiet now.

Anyone using Vista x64 as their main OS with this board and pleased enough with both performance and stability yet? I'm not bothered about using AGP or RAID, which were the main problems to start off with.

I've been using Windows XP X64 for over a year now, that is fine
Vista I don't know, it would be interesting to see, although I have no intention whatsoever to upgrade

Soldato
Uriel said:
Anyway...

been using Vista X64 for awhile now performance is great.

Soldato
Anyone got Cool 'n' Quiet working in Vista?

Got Vista Home Premium 32-bit this week & so far so good, no major issues (maybe apart from the one above) :)

Soldato
Is my HT Link too fast on this board?

cpuz.JPG

cpuz2.JPG

Soldato
oh just as an update for anyone still having LAN issues with the 64bit Version of VISTA, I got a reply from ASRock today.

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for contacting ASRock
According to the 939Dual-SATA2 spec, it could not support Windows Vista.
We do not recommend using the 939Dual-SATA2 with Windows Vista.
We do not guarantee the system compatibility and stability under Windows Vista, either.

We recommend you to refer product spec to install compliant OS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2&s=

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Best Wishes
ASRock

Well what can I say, how poor is that, They are leaving god knows how many user with no other option then to buy new hardware or not upgrade to VISTA.

Its certainly the last ASRock product I buy

Soldato
kidloco said:
{snip}Thank you for contacting ASRock
According to the 939Dual-SATA2 spec, it could not support Windows Vista.
We do not recommend using the 939Dual-SATA2 with Windows Vista.
We do not guarantee the system compatibility and stability under Windows Vista, either.

We recommend you to refer product spec to install compliant OS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2&s=

Sorry for your inconvenience.
{snip}
Was that sent on 01/04 :confused:

Was having Lan issues (32-bit BTW) & this drivers sorted it out :)

Back
Top Bottom