The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
you lot talk way over my head at the mo.
None the less I've been playing it virtually none stop this weekend and every evening last week. :D
Finally getting somewhere.
I do seem to be stuck on level one missions though. I've stayed with a good L 1 (-2) agent. took all the offers I could, have over 900 loyalty points with him but my standing with his faction is like 0.75...

Odd..
Never mind, enjoying the ease at which I dispatch all L1 missions now.
only a tug boat of a destroyer too (Coerrcer). that thing needs another midslot so bad..
I bought a cruiser today (Maller) but then realised I cant drive it. DOh! 7.5 mil down the ****ter for a few days until my skills catch up.

Half way through my trial and I think I am falling for it. lol

(my"Eatmyturd" name did get taken off me as suspected, So I am
now Deadfromtheneckup ;)

:D

Andy

Soldato
nokinidea said:
you lot talk way over my head at the mo.
None the less I've been playing it virtually none stop this weekend and every evening last week. :D
Finally getting somewhere.
I do seem to be stuck on level one missions though. I've stayed with a good L 1 (-2) agent. took all the offers I could, have over 900 loyalty points with him but my standing with his faction is like 0.75...

Odd..
Never mind, enjoying the ease at which I dispatch all L1 missions now.
only a tug boat of a destroyer too (Coerrcer). that thing needs another midslot so bad..
I bought a cruiser today (Maller) but then realised I cant drive it. DOh! 7.5 mil down the ****ter for a few days until my skills catch up.

Half way through my trial and I think I am falling for it. lol

(my"Eatmyturd" name did get taken off me as suspected, So I am
now Deadfromtheneckup ;)

:D

Andy

hmm, you'll find that not only do you suck in a maller, you're gonna have a hard time hitting anything (if your using med guns) or will have a hard time doing any damage (if using small guns)
stick with the destroyer.

Soldato
Just out of interest, would there be any hope of a new player starting this game? Or is it too far down the line now? EVE has always interested me but have never dragged myself away from WoW to try it.

JC

JC

Soldato
It is never too late to start, skillpoints aren't everything and there is a role for nearly anyone whether you choose an industrial or pvp path down the line.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Frank Butcher said:
Just out of interest, would there be any hope of a new player starting this game? Or is it too far down the line now? EVE has always interested me but have never dragged myself away from WoW to try it.

I started about a week ago m8 and i'm already hauling in 1.5mil ISK/hour mining asteroids in my crappy little Frigate :D

Tis great fun!

Associate
HeX said:
I started about a week ago m8 and i'm already hauling in 1.5mil ISK/hour mining asteroids in my crappy little Frigate :D

Tis great fun!

Mining... :eek:
Frigate :eek:
FUN?!?!! :eek:

:p

Edit: Too many images my hairy anus, since whens it been no more than 4 smilies???

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
ChrisB said:
Mining... :eek:
Frigate :eek:
FUN?!?!! :eek:

:p

Edit: Too many images my hairy anus, since whens it been no more than 4 smilies???

Hehe gotta start somewhere, so i'm sat in Uedama with my Frigate kitted out with 2 x Miner II's and a Mining Drone Jetcan mining Massive Scordite, then hauling a can back in my Bestower til the end of next week when I can start training for my Mining Barge, then I can start realing in the big ISK and getting my fighter pilot Caldari Achura dood skilled up and into a Cruiser (he's flying about in a pimped out Merlin atm :D ).

HeX

HeX

Soldato
ChrisB said:
I dare you to go mine ice...... :p

Err... no :p :D

I'm a while of venturing into Low-Sec space yet! I'll stick with being a carebear and mining nice safe astroids for now, gotta get my coffers filled up to afford all these skills and lovely ships :p

Covertors don't come cheap you know! hehe

Associate
HeX said:
Err... no :p :D

I'm a while of venturing into Low-Sec space yet! I'll stick with being a carebear and mining nice safe astroids for now, gotta get my coffers filled up to afford all these skills and lovely ships :p

Covertors don't come cheap you know! hehe

Mine some mission asteroids...
I promise there aren't any loaded with mines that'll pop you *whistles innocently*

:p :p

Associate
I mean the some asteroids in missions which have a small boobytrapped smartbomb in them, not those crappy anaconda thingies..... Have a go at mining the ones round the blockade in lvl3(?) and above ;)
Deffo in lvl4.....

They're just like some of the exploration ones which have booby trapped buildings that unleash a minidoomsday :eek:

Soldato
ChrisB said:
I mean the some asteroids in missions which have a small boobytrapped smartbomb in them, not those crappy anaconda thingies..... Have a go at mining the ones round the blockade in lvl3(?) and above ;)
Deffo in lvl4.....

They're just like some of the exploration ones which have booby trapped buildings that unleash a minidoomsday :eek:
yeah, their not so bad now

Associate
Anyone know whether Eve will play on integrated graphics?

My old laptop (Radeon 9700) could render it OK but didn;t have enough RAM but it farted out just before I got some more RAM for it.

My new one has the x1100 chipset which I THINK is about as powerful but I'm not sure...

Any help?

Associate
not all Ice is in low sec, theres an ice field on Yoma. have you got a corp Hex?

If you like you could come join OcUK and we'll help you out with some stuff.

Soldato
Thing said:

My old laptop (Radeon 9700) could render it OK but didn;t have enough RAM but it farted out just before I got some more RAM for it.

My new one has the x1100 chipset which I THINK is about as powerful but I'm not sure...

Any help?
should work

Associate
Thing said:

Any help?

Hi,

I play eve on whats probably a lower-spec Dell laptop (celeron M 360 1.4ghz;512mb ram; integrated intel graphics chipset) and it plays ok.

Back
Top Bottom