Vista & MS Habu Mouse

Associate
Whats the crack here then MS Habu mouse has the Vista Certified Ready logo on the web page. I go to download drivers and it send me to Razors page.

My problem is that i want to update it to the latest firmware for the Onboard Razor Chip, however the firmware wont update in Vista & Vista doenst recognise the device properly. The Windows update keeps wanting me to install Chic - USB Browser Mouse.

I have contacted Razor about this who say

We are unable to provide any technical support for the Microsoft Habu mouse as Microsoft Technical Support will be in the better position to do so.

But the product is not listed under the MS Product Support Page.

Also the Razor Config dnt work properly either. It say there is no USB Mouse Connected

Anyone else got this mouse with Vista

Associate
Same old problem

Same old problem !!! pretty frustrating. Mouse is not recognize. Drivers are from Razer, No Support from Razer, they redirect you to Microsoft. Don't know. Should have waited for the DeathAdder I think!

Associate
littledave said:
Anyone else got this mouse with Vista

I had it on XP, the mouse's problems aren't just exclusive to Vista. It took about 10 tries to get it to eventually recognise that the mouse is there, and it eventually just screwed up and the buttons stopped working, and all the lights stopped lighting. I sent it back to where I got it from, and they diagnosed it to be screwed, and they exchanged it for a Copperhead, which I have had absolutely no trouble with at all. I think that the Habu's troubles all stem from the fact that it was made by both Microsoft and Razer, rather than one manufacturer, and that they can't be bothered to work as a team. :rolleyes:

Steve Watford said:
I have this problem with Vista64 and Copperhead.

I'm sure they'll get it up and running in time. Razer are very reliable for drivers, firmware, etc.

Back
Top Bottom