The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
Help...

I've started doing missions and hit a problem!

The current mission requires me to rescure some stranded geezers from deadspace. I have to jump using gates 3 times to reach the destination. At each gate there are rats waiting to pounce! This wouldnt be a problem if I could use my Caracal but I have to use a small ship to activate the gates. I'm using a Kestral with small launchers and one shield booster. I've not got enough CPU etc to add more tank at this time!

I can get to the final stage where the people are as at the other gates the rats are at long range and I can pick them off with launchers before they reach me, however at the final location I jump right into the pack of rats!!!

As soon as I come out of the jump I'm locked by 10+ rats and my shields and armor are reduces to nothing in seconds!

What the best low cost tank or even small ship I can use for this Mission. It says I can use a destroyer/frigate or shuttle.

Any ideas on how I can beef up the Kestrel?

Other than a ship upgrade/mod does anyone want to help me lol.

Associate
I haven't done any missions properly for ages but from what I understand, if you engage a group, that other group will engage you as well. Best bet could be to get into the deadspace, wait a few seconds to see if they lock you or not.

If they DO then engage the one that locks you, then his buddies (hopefully not all) will engage and no others.

If they DON'T then enage just one NPC and see who else he brings along.

Associate
Other than shield hardeners and extenders, there isn't much for the tank.

Some missions might require you to warp out a couple of times, so warp in, pick off a couple and warp out. Keep your ship aligned to a planet or station or something so you can quickly warp away. Get your friends to help you out by going in a group of frigs.

Associate
Orange Peel said:
Help...

I've started doing missions and hit a problem!

The current mission requires me to rescure some stranded geezers from deadspace. I have to jump using gates 3 times to reach the destination. At each gate there are rats waiting to pounce! This wouldnt be a problem if I could use my Caracal but I have to use a small ship to activate the gates. I'm using a Kestral with small launchers and one shield booster. I've not got enough CPU etc to add more tank at this time!

I can get to the final stage where the people are as at the other gates the rats are at long range and I can pick them off with launchers before they reach me, however at the final location I jump right into the pack of rats!!!

As soon as I come out of the jump I'm locked by 10+ rats and my shields and armor are reduces to nothing in seconds!

What the best low cost tank or even small ship I can use for this Mission. It says I can use a destroyer/frigate or shuttle.

Any ideas on how I can beef up the Kestrel?

Other than a ship upgrade/mod does anyone want to help me lol.
I used an Imicus, it just takes an Afterburner, 2 x Rails and I have a salvager to salvage all the stuff. I also have a Drone to help me take things out. :)

Thats for Worlds Collide level 1. :)

Soldato
A little cold gas arc jet afterburner keep them at my desired range.
Which is out of their range of fire but within mine. Unless they start using rockets, then it's a case of going toward a planet or stargate as fast as possible, stay until your armour can take no more and then warp out, take a breather and get back in amongst it one the cap and shields have healed themselves...

Take along an "inefficient armour repair" too. It's not as inefficient as the name makes it out to be, but turn it off before you go back in or you'll have no cap left.

Andy

Last edited:
Associate
GenHex110 said:
Hi,

I play eve on whats probably a lower-spec Dell laptop (celeron M 360 1.4ghz;512mb ram; integrated intel graphics chipset) and it plays ok.

Cheers mate (it was a bit late to ask but I'd just seen this thread and realised quite how annoyed I'd be if I couldn't play EVE).

Associate
[DW]Muffin said:
Do you have or use a spreadsheet to keep track on your BPO's for parts needed and research time etc?

I only produce a small amount of stuff for my own use or for converting salvage from ratting/missions into cash, so have never bothered researching my bpo's (don't have the skills either I don't think).

I use a spreadsheet to keep a total of what parts I have and what rigs I can make from them. I adapted it from this webpage http://eve.podzone.net/wsdb/?op=rig_builder.

Caporegime
GenHex110 said:
I only produce a small amount of stuff for my own use or for converting salvage from ratting/missions into cash, so have never bothered researching my bpo's (don't have the skills either I don't think).

I use a spreadsheet to keep a total of what parts I have and what rigs I can make from them. I adapted it from this webpage http://eve.podzone.net/wsdb/?op=rig_builder.

Soldato
anyone here wanna come down to syndicate and beat up princeps for me?
sick of being outnumbered 5:1.

totaly tinfoil hats time when they retracted their war with FLA three hours after we set them -10 for it.

sodding Spanish.

Associate
Can some of you more experienced EVE players give me a hand?

I'm having some trouble finding whats right for me really; I'm doing level 1 missions trying to get my Standing up with Federation Navy as they have some agent’s level 1 - 4 near me in Essence.

But I don't know what Ship to go with, I currently have:

Myrmidon, Megathron, Imicus, Iteron MK3, Retriever and a Vexor.

Now none of them have good fittings due to my skills sucking and I have started to train for this Myrmidon setup:

Higher 0.0 Ratting Setup
High Slots:
5x Heavy Ion Blaster II
1x Salvager

Medium Slots:
1x 10MN AB II
1x Cap Recharger II
1x Cap Recharger II
1x Cap Recharger II
1x Cap Recharger II

Low Slots:
1x Medium Armour Repairer II
1x Kinetic Armour Hardener II
1x Kinetic Armour Hardener II
1x Thermic Armour Hardener II
1x Thermic Armour Hardener II
1x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

It'll take me about 48 days to train all that but I'm questioning if it’s worth it. Plus while I'm training I'll have to get the money to buy all the equipment that will probably come to about... 20-25mill do'ya recon?

Charcter Skill Stats

I have 40mill just sitting there in my wallet as I have stopped buying things and been doing Level 1 missions in my rubbish Megathron but I just let the Orge I's do all the work. I have managed to make on a REALLY good day 10mill just doing missions and selling the salvaged items.

So I could do with some advice really on if you lot think its worth training for that Myrmidon or if I should go with something else. :)

Last edited:

JC

JC

Soldato
Level 1 missions are designed for frigates to do, a cruiser is easy, a battlecruiser is comfortable overkill and a BS is plain silly.

If you want to race through level 1 missions get a thorax and fit something like:

5x 150mm railguns
10mn AB
Stasis Webifier

Medium armor rep
2x kinetic 1 thermal N-type hardener
cap-relay

should work fine for someone with low skills.

If you can use t2 medium blasters soon though surely you can fly an assault frig which would be even more practical?

And using cap recharger IIs on a myrmidon for 0.0 ratting is stupid, despite the fact that they no longer cost 25M each its still overkill, fit a large cap battery and then use f-b10 rechargers.

Ratting is easy, I fixed my sec recently in a taranis :p

Last edited:
Associate
Enyo is an assault frigate.

Another vote for assault frigates, they absolutely rip through frigates, have a decent tank and move faster than cruisers.

Plus the skills to use the ship are very useful, eg. mechanics 5

Back
Top Bottom