is my dell a rev a04?

Permabanned
Hello all. Is my dell a revision a04? This is a replacement monitor, and to say the least I am suspicious.

It was made in Nov 06 and has sticker on the back saying a04.

Is this true. DVD playback is terrible though.

DSC03403.jpg

sorry about large size

Associate
Is that on the box? From what other people have said there should be a sticker on the back of the monitor itself with serial # and rev #

From other info isn't November 06 a bit early for revision A04s?

Mike

Soldato
DVD playback is no different from A03 to A04. The only difference is 1:1 pixel mapping for 1080p.

Playback of SD DVDs is generally pretty bad on HD screens. The screens themselves don't do very good upscaling (should you be feeding them a SD signal), plus software DVD players like WinDVD/PowerDVD also don't do good upscaling. You might want to try ffdshow with an appropriate player.

If you download some HD trailers (the apple ones are very nice) you'll see there's nothing wrong with the screen itself.

Soldato
If this is a replacement, it may well be a refurb that used to be an A03 and was refurb'd to A04 spec. I read Dell replace the panels when doing refurbs, so I'm sure they could replace the software too. Feed it a 1080p signal (from a 360 maybe) and see if it will display it 1:1 (ie with a small top/bottom border and not stretched).

Back
Top Bottom