University offers

Soldato
OP
BaZ87 said:
Just thourght. One of my friends ended up taking only 2 A Levels and he got some kind of special offer, so may be worth phoning and explaining to them your only taking 2 A Levels and they may change your offer.

mite do that, thought my reference says im takin 2 with predicted grades c and c/d so maybe they thought the c/d was 2 seperate grades. gd thinkin tho, cheers shall find out soon....

Soldato
Benny06 said:
mite do that, thought my reference says im takin 2 with predicted grades c and c/d so maybe they thought the c/d was 2 seperate grades. gd thinkin tho, cheers shall find out soon....
I'm pretty sure they have been looking at peoples grades for long enough to know your c/d means one grade.
Good luck anyway. You can always go through clearance if everything goes belly up :)

Soldato
OP
Blackstar said:
I'm pretty sure they have been looking at peoples grades for long enough to know your c/d means one grade.
Good luck anyway. You can always go through clearance if everything goes belly up :)

yeh good point, lol cheers :)

hoping on the fact that :they set me a diff tarrif score after the interview,and that i do well enuf in the interview to impress them. when i went to *** open day there were 12 people doing *** course, so hopefully it'l be under subscribed, n like fingers cross it is and same thing happens to me that did to BaZ87

Soldato
I applied late :rolleyes: as an idividual and being atleast 50-80 points short of entry requirement......been accepted (unconditional of course) into 3 outta 4 so far inc top choice :)

Don
Johanson said:
I have got all my conditional offers back, but one thing is puzzling me. Two of the courses say 'entry point: 0', while the others say 'entry point: 1'. What does this mean??

Also, bump.

IIRC thats refering to the time of entry eg some Uni's take on students at different times (maybe September then again at February). If thats right then the 0 means that, that uni only has one entry point so its not applicable and the 1 will mean that your apply to join at entry point 1 (usually September).
I could be completely wrong though

Don
Dreadi said:
Could also have something to do with which campus the course relates to iirc
Don't think its that, iirc on my applications the campus section was called "campus".
Again, I could be wrong

Soldato
ah, yup, just checked mine and your right.

The difference with my entry points was, as said above, when the course starts.

Soldato
what course and uni have you appplied to that have given you a straight offer ?

all mine are conditional and the main ones i want to go too have set it too high for me :(

Soldato
RandomTom said:
Lincoln's my top too! Creative Advertising \o/

Interesting, ill be able to come and pick on you :p Ill be in my 3rd year of Graphic Design at Lincoln and we share studios with creative advertising :) It's a really cool course, you get some good tutors.

Soldato
I have to take a gap year after my predicted grades let me down. Would've gone to Bath ideally but got rejected, got my second choice of Cardiff at ABB but I have since decided that, though an awesome place and university, it lacks the prestige I am looking for.

The only good thing about my applications was my offer from Southampton for ABB. Other people applying for the same course have been offered AAB at least. I'd like to think it was because my personal statement is overwhelmingly eloquent, though 'A vile conceit in pompous words express'd/Is like a clown in regal purple dress'd' I'd still like to think it made them chuckle. :D

Bonus points for guessing the pretentious quote. (It might be wrong I did it off the top of my head) :p

Associate
Quick question but where would be first stop for somebody thinking of going to uni as a mature student, the uni itself or somebody else?

Its been going through my head for a while now but would be interested in finding out a little more, just not sure where my first point of contact should be.

Back
Top Bottom