University offers

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
Interesting, ill be able to come and pick on you :p Ill be in my 3rd year of Graphic Design at Lincoln and we share studios with creative advertising :) It's a really cool course, you get some good tutors.
Sorted! I've met the Giles Lingwood fellow and he seems like a top man with enthusiasm in the course so it should be good. :)

Permabanned
mleh said:
Got 2 offer so far (ABB at Manchester for Economics and AAA at Bristol for Economics & Politics) and just got a letter from Oxford asking me for an interview :D

As a manchester economics graduate, I wouldn't recommend it (but the social side is AWESOME). Bristol is great (I'm a Pgrad there at the moment).

David

Soldato
RandomTom said:
Sorted! I've met the Giles Lingwood fellow and he seems like a top man with enthusiasm in the course so it should be good. :)

Gyles is an absolute legend, he gave me my place. He's incredibly enthusiastic and damn good at what he does :)

Soldato
Got all my uni offers bar 1 now. Hopefully going to Brighton Uni for Architecture in September. Need 320 points though(thankfully they didn't say from maximum of 3 subjects :D )

Soldato
3 of my courses need 240 points, 2 of them require an interview next week and one of my courses needs only 20 ucas points! That one was just a backup! Basically the same course as the 240 pointer, but with an extra year. Which i find hard to believe, so i will need to verify that.

Soldato
Kesnel said:
It's (or, at least, it was when I applied two years ago) 120 points for an A at A2 and 100 for a B.
aye! 80 for C and as you move down it follows. Then you get your AS grade too which is just half the amount of points so A = 60.

I'm hoping for BBD (and got E at AS) = 280 :)

Associate
p4radox said:
I've got 2 offers so far - Nottingham AAB and Loughborough ABB. Both for electronic and electrical engineering. I was in Bristol today for my interview and I think I pretty much nailed it:D. I'm actually really excited.

Loughborough is an awesome uni (biased I know!) but yeh, its just awesome :)

Associate
DAVEM said:
As a manchester economics graduate, I wouldn't recommend it (but the social side is AWESOME). Bristol is great (I'm a Pgrad there at the moment).

David

Thanks for that. I went up and stayed with a few mates at Manchester and it's a great night out (though the halls I stayed in - "Cambridge" was around 15 minutes from mosside :eek: ). I got an AAB offer for PPE at Warwick and decided to accept that - on the balance of it I'd rather do a degree that isn't solely based on Economics (not that fond of maths).

Out of interest, why wouldn't you recommend Economics at Manc uni?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
Hmm... one of the best universities in the country, or one of the worst. Choices, choices.
Well, UWE isn't that bad. It was more due to the fact bristol is such an awesome place that everyone should go there.

But of course, Bristol Uni stomps UWE ;) :D

I hope the varsity football on wednesday isn't called off due to rain :(

Soldato
andy said:
what course and uni have you appplied to that have given you a straight offer ?

all mine are conditional and the main ones i want to go too have set it too high for me :(

i got straight offers cus its all i could get, that or a straight no, i left college 2 years ago...

Went to UCLAN open day on the weekend, thinking og going there.......

Back
Top Bottom