Brr... frosty!

Soldato
Just thought i'd show off my new found frostyness :D ;

P1010071.jpg

Rig still being worked on, but will post newer, better pics sometime. But the main thing I wanted to willy wave about;

frosty1gc8.jpg

Brr, frosty. :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Meh! If only I could afford a C2D. :( Once I get everything put together and stable i'll clock this baby as far as possible.

You could just slap an el cheepo X2 3800 in there it'd work a treat and not break the bank.

Still a damn nice setup though :D

Now stop playing with this rig, and get on with the Android ;)

Soldato
OP
ste_bla said:
Where do the CD and HDD drives go?
Behind that drivebay cover. All the harddrives are in smartdrive 2002c enclosures, and the two 120mm fans are there to help fraw air over them.

HeX said:
You could just slap an el cheepo X2 3800 in there it'd work a treat and not break the bank.

Still a damn nice setup though :D

Now stop playing with this rig, and get on with the Android ;)

True, but if im going to spend money on a CPU, I really would like to make the jump to conroe/kentsfield tbh. Also if I was to get a x2 3800 I run the risk of it being coldbugged, which fortunately this one isn't.

Man of Honour
Thats gonna look incredibly cramped once you have your other kit in there - but no doubt it will perform extremely well - very nice build.

Soldato
OP
w3bbo said:
Thats gonna look incredibly cramped once you have your other kit in there - but no doubt it will perform extremely well - very nice build.

Doesn't look too bad tbh. Moch of the mess will be hidden, leaving shiny tubes and lights to look at. ;) Ive cut my own window design in the sidepanel, which will have polycarbonate on the outside. The lower chamber will also have a black perforated steel 'window' on the inside to help hide some of the mess.

Soldato
OP
Kesnel said:
Looks very nice indeed. :D

What're the specs of the unit?

The Phase unit?

Unseen/Gsmaster's 'freeze pack' controller'
Ssilencer/@itor's Clear enclosure and amazing evaporator
White EL wire under braid and 4 x white LED's in the enclosure
Standard mach size condensor and desuperheat coil, painted matte black
7' of .028" captube, fully wrapped and taped w/long suction return
tuned for approximately 220w max capacity at -29c / 150w at -44c
Danfoss NL11F compressor
402a 'blend' for increased glide, allowing low fans for 24/7, high fans for benching with reduced temps
Sunon 120mm condensor fan, 2 x papst 80mm rear exhaust fans

Don't ask about the pc spec as its nothing special. Kind of run out of money after the case and cooling, lol.

Edit;

Stelly said:
Well done mate... is it noisey??

Stelly

Not too bad tbh. Not quiet, but I can't hear it over my headphones so thats all good.

Associate
messiah khan said:
Unseen/Gsmaster's 'freeze pack' controller'
Ssilencer/@itor's Clear enclosure and amazing evaporator
White EL wire under braid and 4 x white LED's in the enclosure
Standard mach size condensor and desuperheat coil, painted matte black
7' of .028" captube, fully wrapped and taped w/long suction return
tuned for approximately 220w max capacity at -29c / 150w at -44c
Danfoss NL11F compressor
402a 'blend' for increased glide, allowing low fans for 24/7, high fans for benching with reduced temps
Sunon 120mm condensor fan, 2 x papst 80mm rear exhaust fans

I like it. :)

I didn't recognise that mach condensor - looks great painted black, so does the desuperheater. Also loving the evap enclosure.

Watch out for the cold bug on that Winchester by the way. Let us know how it gets on.

Soldato
OP
Yeah im quite releaved that I havent been hit by a coldbug at stock. At least I can run the pc with the Phase unit on. As i say, I need to get new GPUs, then get everythign wired in etc. Once everything is in and stable i'll start to clock this baby. Hopefully the HTT won't be affected too badly. I think I used to be able to get up to 315HTT, and 2.5Ghz on the chip on air.

Back
Top Bottom