new system this week

Associate
right am wondering am away to change my mobo cpu and ram but i was wondering when i install theses and reconnect everythin will i have to active vista again as am running the OEM 32bit version of vista. becuase if i do have to reacative it i'll just stick xp back on as vista has been abit of a headache for me ie 2142 not working right
curret system is
an8 32 sli delux amd x2 3800
2gb of gskill ram ddr 500
xfi faitaly pro gaming. changing everything over to conro gigbyte bored cosair sli ram

Associate
When it asks you to re-activate it will ask you for your country, then it will give you a phone number to call, after phoning them they usually just give you another serial if your story checks out, you enter it and presto. Although I would advise against using the same installation after changing motherboard, ram and CPU as the default drivers might screw with it a bit, I would recommend a fresh install just to get it chugging along without any hitches.

Associate
OP
yeah was planning on a full format even though i had no hitches with this system i got to much stuff to back up but thanks for the info guys.

as for an excuse for a new serial number would a power surge screwed my system work.
or any1 give me any other ideas

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom