Web Site Mirroring ?

Associate
Not sure is this is the right terminology, but basicaly im after a way around a firewall. for example say i wanted to have www.awebsite.com mirrored to a website im hosting, so that the site wouldn't be blocked via the source address anymore because it would be my sites address and not www.awebsite.com

Not sure if this makes sense. but any ideas are welcome ?

Permabanned
Is it a db driven website?

If it is and you can get external access to the db, then you can just install the site on a second host, but point it to the original db and keep the site source files the same and your laughing.

Associate
OP
After some digging i think this problem could be more difficult to work around than i first anticipated.

Basicaly the site is being banned via IP Address, so i think even if i hosted from another domain name by mirroring its not gonna work because the site will still eventualy start referring to the source IP address.

Soldato
You would need to setup a proxy server somewhere else on the net.. anywhere, even on the end of an adsl.

You can then connect to the proxy server, and request that it collects the blocked page. As the proxy isnt behind the firewall it will get it without problems, and as long as the firewall admin doesnt block the ip address of your proxy server then you can access any website in the world via it.

Thats the only way I can think to do it.

Associate
OP
The existing setup is like ....

PC ----> Proxy ----> Firewall ----> Company Network/Internet

The local PC needs to have the proxy setup within the browser to connect to the Internet. The IP address of this site in question is being blocked at the Firewall Level with Source IP to any host ip address's

With the way your suggesting would it be possible to setup a proxy on say for example my home machine (ADSL Connected) and route my traffic through that, and would this then mask the IP Address Source ?

If so any website's / Software you would recommend on how to go about this ?

Cheers.

Soldato
I really don't think we should be helping you to bypass your company proxy/firewall.

Go talk to your IT department. The website has clearly been blocked for a reason. Using an external proxy to bypass a company firewall is only going to land you in trouble if they find out. In our company it's a disciplinary offence to go against the IT policy.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom