Speaker's Corner or Speakers' Corner?

Permabanned
McDaniel said:
I'm useless at English, Spelling, Grammar, drinking, womanising, Xbox games, running, talking, thinking, slimming, shaving and such alike :)

I'm also the first to admit it, luckily im good with numbers though!
Well you have to be good at *something* I suppose :p

Soldato
VIRII said:
Muppet grrrrrr.
It should be:

You don't count, you're not normal anyway.

:p
Actually, how about this?

You don't count; you're not normal anyway.

They could be considered as two independent clauses or sentences but as there is a relationship between them, a semi-colon is an appropriate punctuation mark to use. :p

How about we start jumping on people who don't use semi-colons. I suspect there is far more fun to be had than with simple apostrophes. :D

Last edited:
Associate
ElRazur said:
I doubt that, iirc.....There is an association for the correction and misuse of apostrophe here.

Strangely enough, I recently had to study the loss of case in the history of English, and as a result I certainly would not rule out the eventual disappearance of the genitive and thus the disappearance of apostrophes. The increasing tendency these days to ignore the apostrophes in the genitive case means the inflectional difference between the genitive and the common plural is steadily being eroded; the genitive could quite feasibly be absorbed into the common plural.

If this was to occur it would become grammatically correct to have "Yates Wine Bar", "Members Market" and "Speakers Corner".

Permabanned
phykell said:
Actually, how about this?

You don't count; you're not normal anyway.

They could be considered as two independent clauses or sentences but as there is a relationship between them, a semi-colon is an appropriate punctuation mark to use. :p

How about we start jumping on people who don't use semi-colons. I suspect there is far more fun to be had than with simple apostrophes. :D
OI! Keep away from my colon!

Permabanned
OP
touch said:
Your grammar isnt exactly perfect yourself craig

LOL nice find. I love how you went through my stuff to try and find something. I bet you went through all my previous posts too. :D

Anyway, I never said it was perfect, just wondered if I was correct in assuming that Speaker's Corner is wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom