Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 1st March 2007

Soldato
rich99million said:
I suspect that sr4470's score is helped by the Celly's he was mentioning about borging a little while ago - active CPUs was at 6 just after I'd posted the news hence puting the comment next to it.

If I don't hear from him this week and it's still way higher than 1 I'll just drop him off for now I think, or I could change him to multi-core I guess - we'll see what it looks like next week :)

Sure, I've got 7 celerons folding now, put me down as multi-cpu. :)

Edit: now where are the other 4 I set up....slow things, take almost 4 days just to give ~190 points :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, Rich. The usual nothingness for me as my system at home is hardly ever on during term time :(

With the holidays coming next week I'm gonna look into that C2D to make up for lost time...

Associate
Well what would about 3 months ago have been a good week for me now looks distinctly average - I can still remember when Concorde was top of the single cruncher's league with less than 7k!

Am doing a little better now though, Parping StevenG - although you have managed to hold me off for a long time, the gap is gradually shortening now :).

Good to see our production is up again and keep going team 10!

Soldato
LordShadow said:
Good to see our production is up again and keep going team 10!

Speaking of which, I now have the following folding CPUs:

1x Athlon 64 2.2\1000\1024 S939

5x Celeron 2.6\400\128 S478

3x Celeron 2.2\400\128 S478

2x Celeron 2.66\533\256 S478

1x Celeron 2.53\533\256 S478

:)

Soldato
LordShadow said:
Am doing a little better now though, Parping StevenG - although you have managed to hold me off for a long time, the gap is gradually shortening now :)
I Do Try to give you at least some competition.. seems out output is o-so-close at the moment...

i mean one WU in before mine would put you ontop, so it really is THAT close!

folding%20points%20position.jpg

how many clients have you got running and when is your next expected wu finishing?

StevenG - Parping everyone with less PPD than me :)

EDIT:

Not so close now.. you'll overtake me today or tomorrow.. 2 of my WU's just failed because my clock was wrong..

Last edited:
Associate
StevenG said:
how many clients have you got running and when is your next expected wu finishing?

I'm only actually running my SMP client currently, although when i get non-1760 pointers i also put on my GPU. Looks like it will remain close for a while yet though, an interesting battle :)

Soldato
LordShadow said:
I'm only actually running my SMP client currently, although when i get non-1760 pointers i also put on my GPU. Looks like it will remain close for a while yet though, an interesting battle :)
2 of my WU's crashed... you'll be infront of me soon i would think :(

Associate
I have some good news, and some very good news.

Good news - I've just got 4 E6300s in at work. They'll be on for about 8 to 10 hours a day.

The very good news. - I've just been told that two of the three IT suites being refurbed this summer are going to be extended so that they can hold 30+ computers each. Add that to the 16 computers in the other room. That is a possible 76 C2D's all folding 10~ hours a day. :eek:

That should get us further up the ranks. :D

Associate
Whitestar said:
I have some good news, and some very good news.

Good news - I've just got 4 E6300s in at work. They'll be on for about 8 to 10 hours a day.

The very good news. - I've just been told that two of the three IT suites being refurbed this summer are going to be extended so that they can hold 30+ computers each. Add that to the 16 computers in the other room. That is a possible 76 C2D's all folding 10~ hours a day. :eek:

That should get us further up the ranks. :D

Lol that practically put you in first all by yourself lol :p

Soldato
not if they're got DD2 533 C4 ram they wouldn't.
I keep forgeting that business machines are configered for 'locked, stocked and stable'
Only acheive a modest 10% Oc at present with slack timings - may bring in my unused Gig of Ballistix and see how I can boost this workstations proformance.

Edit: sorry whitestar that good news, feeling very synical today and a lack of sleep isn't helping :o

Last edited:
Soldato
should have asked when I droped off the P3 stuff some months back :p

But I don't think I'm allowed to use this forum as a marketing tool, so I'll have to decline ;) that and the practice I work with, doesn't work on projects under £150k construction cost.

But always happy to give free, impartial, without prejudice, non-legally binding, un-contractual, architectural advice :D

Associate
StevenG, you have now been overtaken :). Good fight for position though! Could all change soon aswell since i might be moving to my grandparents for a bit and dont know whether my computer is coming with me or not :eek: .

Back
Top Bottom