What have you taught yourself?

Soldato
At home: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS
At work: MATLAB, C, Assembler, Visual Basic

I don't know *all* the ins and outs of all of the above, but I achieved all the objectives I've set out to do so far using the above. Also the one's I taught myself at work was in working hours, so I got paid for it too :D

They've came in useful at uni where I've been taught C and MATLAB so far :)

Soldato
HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, XML, Photoshop and Fireworks.

PHP and MySQL could be stronger and I only learnt a bit of basic XML for an exam at uni.

Associate
Structural/programming stuff like (X)HTML, XML, CSS, JavaScript (mainly just DOM utilisation, though I can write AJAX apps when necessary), PHP (5 explicitly; OOP preference. Good idea of security, libraries [GD, PDO, SimpleXML, DOM etc.] and external APIs), miscellaneous technologies like the DOM, XPath, a small delve into XSLT, regex, SQL-92 (MySQL/SQLite development, though I need to expand my knowledge here), RSS/Atom, a fair bit of the HTTP 1.1 spec - so mainly web programming & development.

A fair amount of Python knowledge though I've not really a need for desktop programming, however I'm looking into C++ now I've got a firm OOP design grasp and can understand a lot more code than previously.

Graphics software such as Photoshop, basic stuff in Illustrator - though not much into design any more.

Soldato
Photoshop, HTML.

Now moved onto PHP, MySQL and CSS. I take the type random code, upload, test route. I couldn't learn something like this from books, so its web tutorials or nothing. :p

Oh, and also did a bit of LUA for WoW mods back in the day, never publicly released my stuff, although at the time I expect they would have been liked. :)

Associate
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

HTML XHTML PHP SQL VB6 CSS networking, photoshop, unix scripting, building computers making a web server on linux and loads of other programs and few other languages to varying degrees.

Soldato
Sp00n said:
don't jack off to pr0n with the door open.

Learned that the hard way
icon13.gif

lol :p

For me: Photoshop, ImageReady, Macromedia Fireworks and Flash.

Soldato
Sp00n said:
don't jack off to pr0n with the door open.

Learned that the hard way
icon13.gif
Made me lol :D

CSS, PHP, ASP, little JS, flash, Photoshop.

You can't learn Audition, noobs, it's straight forward anyway :rolleyes: Also, xhtml shouldn't be a seperate category to html :rolleyes: :)

Soldato
Lots of random things:

Computer hardware
Snowboard maintenance + kicker building
Soldering
Cooking/Recipies
Double clutching (+left foot breaking + heel'n'toe stuff)

(Have read a lot on welding + fibreglassing, although i'v never actually tried either of them i rekon i could do it)

Soon to come: Car mechanics

(i get some weird ideas into me head :s )

Back
Top Bottom