The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
Byron5184 said:
That was my other mistake. I have two overview presets, empire (mining, missions etc..) and War (targets, pirates etc..) i had the wrong one selected, hence not seeing him :( And yes, it was worth the 5 mill.

Skully, as for not wanting to go to 0.0 is that low sec is a lot less likely to become blob wars etc.. Plus, becoming a pirate sounds a lot more fun that being just another 0.0 character.

tbh, better to be a pirate in 0.0 than 0.4-0.1
I went a long time blob free in 0.0 (mainly because there was nothing worth blobing down here), right till princeps/youwhat started messing about

Associate
Low sec pirating is fun at times and extremely boring at others. 0.0 is good pickings because you can run into anything between solo ratters and miners right up to full fleets with capital support. The only thing I find fun with low-sec is fighting under the guns (it adds a bit more risk into it), apart from that generally the players in low-sec belts either don't give much of a fight or are bait.

By all means pirate, hit -10 and be an evil evil man :D , but 0.0 has plenty more opportunities for blowing stuff up which is what it's about really at the end of the day. It's also a bit more profitable..number of successful ransoms is going down :/

Associate
true, i guess my view of 0.0 isn't exactly the best as the three times i've been in 0.0 were'nt the best of experiences. First time my toon only had 1.5 mill sp's so i was ,limited to what non pvp activites i could do by myself. The second experience, i got to the alliance territory had no stuff or equipment for about a week, got completely ignored when i asked for bm's for the area (my friends weren't around the immediate area and the corp hangar had none in it although no one would admit that) so i was stuck in the station all the time till i just thought, f it, stuck what little i had on the market and clone jumped back to empire. third experience was in 3FA right as it started to collapse, a week after we joined, the two biggest corps left and the alliance crumbled shortly after. being constantly raided by other alliances and having virtually no counter attack was pathetic so again, stuck in stations for a lot of the time.

The first two experiences were both in ASCN, the first was great, the second one just plain ****** me off considering that i consider several people in STK-S my friends and still do, the rest just ignored me pretty much so there was no love lost from me when i left.

Even i'll admit that i most likely haven't experience what 0.0 is really like with friends close by etc.. but its just those past experiences that hold me back.

Associate
Agreed - to do 0.0 justice, you really do need to have a few mil of SPs under your belt. The market thing is also a bugbear for me (I spent 2 months in the North and being a minmatar pilot the lack of equipment is extremely annoying). Although it's even worse when your < -5 and trying sneak in and out of empire without the navy nailing you :cool:

If your happy with low-sec then get some belt pvp in and then every now and again nip in and out of 0.0. If you're looking for some 'easy' targets, may I recommend the north (Fade or Deklein come to mind - just hope there's no D2/IRON/FLA, etc pilots here to shout at me for this intel ;) ). The south is pretty active just now (due to the whole LV/BoB v RA, Goons, TCF, CA, etc..) so best to avoid.

Soldato
Dunky said:
Agreed - to do 0.0 justice, you really do need to have a few mil of SPs under your belt. The market thing is also a bugbear for me (I spent 2 months in the North and being a minmatar pilot the lack of equipment is extremely annoying). Although it's even worse when your < -5 and trying sneak in and out of empire without the navy nailing you :cool:

If your happy with low-sec then get some belt pvp in and then every now and again nip in and out of 0.0. If you're looking for some 'easy' targets, may I recommend the north (Fade or Deklein come to mind - just hope there's no D2/IRON/FLA, etc pilots here to shout at me for this intel ;) ). The south is pretty active just now (due to the whole LV/BoB v RA, Goons, TCF, CA, etc..) so best to avoid.
lol
FLA are pulling their pilots closer to dek as Youwhat have been causing problems on the pipe to BOB.
try sindicate, loads of pew pew here

Soldato
[Duff]Chef said:
Eve PVP is dead. Its a blob war.. I now play WOW
because WOW has SO much BETTER PVP!

anyway, if your looking for non blob warfare then maybe do some small gang stuff,
I never blob and always can find SOME PVP

Associate
[Duff]Chef said:
MuadChef - FateCorp - 58milsp in Guns, NO Industry
Survivor of GNW - PVP'er for life

Eve PVP is dead. Its a blob war.. I now play WOW

you could try doing somthing else? the game has many things to offer not just PVP...

Associate
Just been doing my own first proper PVP tonight, vs some random thieves in .4 space. (I've done a lot of running-away type PVP before) Blew up 3- 2 frigates and a cruiser- then somewhat misjudged how tough an elite cruiser is in the right hands, and got my Brutix mullered :) But it was great fun while it lasted. Some lessons learned there...

Associate
How long have u been in Eve for my firend.. It was small gang warfair ages ago.. Now it is not.. WOW is fun becuase it is not so serious..

Eve does have other aspects.. I also have a 32 mil exp drone player and an industrialsit with 47mil exp..

I still find it boring now..

Soldato
Saying PvP is all blob is ridiculous, granted due to the large wars there is a large blob style now, especially with cap ships on the front lines.

But it's like saying everyone in empire is a macro miner, it;s just not true :)

You may have to go places to find good 0.0 gang action, but it surely is out there :)

Saying that I was sick of POS warfare and logistics behind it, so now I fight in empire, it's much tougher work than I thought :)

Associate
VeNT said:
you're both going to want fairy flat skills,
I'd say getting one of you in a vexor and one in a barge with some stabs/interta stabilisers on and you should be ok for the rats down to 0.0 (warp out if you're locked in the barge) but I'd also sujest that at first you both just rat in 0.0 as your gonna make more than mining to start with
something like a bigplate vexor (1600 tungsten, 150mm T2 rails, good drones) would see you right in most regions.
BUT above all else you're gonna want to be in a corp thats down there as a loan miner and figther are gonna be REALY tempting for any 2+man squads going around
#

Umm, english?

Sorry but my whole EVE experience so far has been mucking around in a trial account and being excited at being able to fly a Merlin and finding some unguarded missiles with a Launcher before getting cocky and subsequently podkilled in 0.5 space.

Soldato
Thing said:
#

Umm, english?

Sorry but my whole EVE experience so far has been mucking around in a trial account and being excited at being able to fly a Merlin and finding some unguarded missiles with a Launcher before getting cocky and subsequently podkilled in 0.5 space.
ok
you want your attributes to be almost all the same as you're going to need them all for one thing or another.
ie even if your a combat pilot you're going to want some social/enginearing/sci skills to compliment your fighting.

if you go full out mining and get a barge (the best mining ships) you're going to be easy meat for ANYONE that comes along, even WITH someone guarding you. so what I'd do is both get vexors or somthing and play with them in 0.0 until you're confident with your skills.

Associate
VeNT said:
lol
FLA are pulling their pilots closer to dek as Youwhat have been causing problems on the pipe to BOB.
try sindicate, loads of pew pew here

I am quite tempted to take a trip up to Synd. is still pretty much a free for all there or is there actually a few alliances claiming it now? I actually heard about the whole YouWhat thing earlier from my contacts in the north. Seems like things are getting quite interesting up there - tempted to join my old corp there for some pew pew (South is starting to annoy me a bit with constant cap/blob warfare)

Back
Top Bottom