STALKER spec and reviews

Soldato
Just read the official (pretty impressive) recommended spec for stalker:-

AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ or Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb RAM, 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectXR 9.0c compatible 256MB (Geforce 7800, for example).

It should be noted that at the start of the game development our initially targeted system requirements were much lower. As a result (and due to the lengthy game development) the game can be played well on lower-end systems (the game ships with two renders - DirectX 8 and DirectX 9 one).

Additionally, the game allows to scale various options for optimal performance. For the maximum quality and performance, the more powerful system you have, the better.

Taken from here.

I also note that PC Zone have given the game 85%, anyone else seen any reviews?

Soldato
to be fair, it's quite an epic job to create such a scaled area.. a lot of textures for sure and i wonder how big the install will be because of it.

Soldato
85% is a high score. It's worth remembering that Elder Scrolls: Morrowind got exactly the same score. So I'd imagine Stalker will land with the same impact that Morrowind had back in the day. (both open ended games, long dev times)

Associate
If Stalker even approaches the greatness that is Morrowind it'll be awesome for sure! :cool: Going to wait until I can read a review before ordering though. I hear the main complaint in that PC Zone review was the dodgy translation/voice acting - hardly a game breaker.

Back
Top Bottom