Getting rid of a girl

Associate
iCraig said:
I've dumped and been dumped, face to face. Although it wasn't nice, it felt much more honest and genuine than:

soz but i dnt fink we shd c each uva ne more

Ofcourse, its the right thing to do, but to all the people having a go at him, theres no proof they would not do the same thing, weather they say it or not.

Soldato
Can a man be dumped via -

Text? Yes
Email? Yes
Msn? Yes
Via the woman's mates? Yes
In person? Yes

But hold on can a man dump a woman via -
Text? ...Are you crazy? what kind of man are you.

Email? Are you a geek or something....grow some balls and do it like a man

Msn? Oh come on now, you cant do that.

Via the man's mates? You gotta be having a laff

In person? Yeah that's more like it! (but i dont feel comfortable...HELLO :confused: )

:)

Permabanned
ElRazur said:

Just because women sometimes do it, doesn't mean we should?

It depends on how you feel about the other person. If you hate each other and you couldn't care less about them any more, sure, texts are the way to go.

But he said he doesn't want to be nasty about it. Dumping her by text will make her feel small, insignificant and frustrated that he couldn't even be bothered to talk to her about it.

If he wants to get rid of her but as nicely as he can, he needs to sit down and tell her face to face.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Can a man be dumped via -

Text? Yes
no, its not nice at all
ElRazur said:
Email? Yes
again, no
ElRazur said:
err, no again
ElRazur said:
Via the woman's mates? Yes
dude I think you're meeting the wrong girls here
ElRazur said:
In person? Yes
only way to do it tbh
ElRazur said:
But hold on can a man dump a woman via -
Text? ...Are you crazy? what kind of man are you.

Email? Are you a geek or something....grow some balls and do it like a man

Msn? Oh come on now, you cant do that.

Via the man's mates? You gotta be having a laff

In person? Yeah that's more like it! (but i dont feel comfortable...HELLO :confused: )

:)

grow up.

Permabanned
wizard91 said:
Ofcourse, its the right thing to do, but to all the people having a go at him, theres no proof they would not do the same thing, weather they say it or not.

So what? By that logic you can't give him advice on anything, because there's no "proof" that you would do the same in that situation.

Advice is valid regardless of whether people have done it beforehand or not.

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Perhaps people need to embrace the new age we are in now...peole can be dumped via any means as long as the message is clear. :)

Well why do anything outside of SMS then?

Would you propose to someone via text? Would you like your relationship to revolve around tele-communication rather than face to face communication?

There are some elements of a relationship that should be done face to face IMO.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Perhaps people need to embrace the new age we are in now...peole can be dumped via any means as long as the message is clear. :)

I've only ever been dumped once, and it was face to face, I reckon it'd be less harsh on the other over text. :/

(I've always broken up with girls face to face though, only once over the phone)

Soldato
iCraig said:
Well why do anything outside of SMS then?

Would you propose to someone via text? Would you like your relationship to revolve around tele-communication rather than face to face communication?

Who says everything revoles around txt?

You never know, i might. - Off topic - I have always told my gf that i wont be kneeling down or getting on one knee to proposse and I wont be using rings if i have to wed...I bet my plan is wrong in your eyes too?

The op wants out, aint no much face-face communication needed.

All am trying to say is that i dont see anything wrong dumping someone via sms. If anything, it drives home the message - I dont wanna be with you anymore. It also save the person from having to deal with instant emotional backlash that could happen face to face. :)

Soldato
i was watching the wright stuff on channel 5 and they were talking about the best way to be dumbed and they all agreed that ppl being dumbed prefered it by text as its a lot easier for them to take so they dont start crying infront of the dumpee so to speak.

Associate
VeNT said:

I agree completely, and with the others who have expressed this same view. Dumping someone, in my opinion, by any medium other than face to face is really classless, disrespectful and juvenile.

Regarding the original post, I’m assuming here, correctly or not, from your question that this is your first attempt at dumping someone? Just explain to her, without being unkind, that you don’t feel that things are working out and you’re not happy with the state of the relationship. Yes, the prospect of ‘the talk’ is undoubtedly scary, but to do it through text/email/letter is quite frankly spineless and shows such a lack of respect for someone you supposedly used to care for in some capacity.

Soldato
Just tell her face to face you aren't interested anymore. Of course it's not going to be nice and easy but then life isn't always like that (well if you are a grown up). Doing it any other way unless you have a very very good reason is just low and pitiful. Some of you had better hope Karma doesn't exist, if it does it's really going to come back and bite you in the ass one day.

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Who says everything revoles around txt?

Nobody, but your last comment on how people should embrace the way technology has evolved infers that tele-communication is making standard human communication redundant. I agree, but I don't think some elements of the relationship such as this should be done via text. It's too impersonal, cold and rude. Like I said, if you couldn't care less about the other person's feelings fair enough, but the OP said that he does.

ElRazur said:
You never know, i might. - Off topic - I have always told my gf that i wont be kneeling down or getting on one knee to proposse and I wont be using rings if i have to wed...I bet my plan is wrong in your eyes too?

With all due respect, I couldn't care less how you propose to your missus. It's your relationship. However, the OP came on for advice on how to dump his girl (without being nasty) and I suggested face-to-face, as that's the most sincere way of doing it.

ElRazur said:
The op wants out, aint no much face-face communication needed.

True, most break-up conversations aren't very long, but it's the delivery that's important. A text message out of the blue saying: "** dumped" is very nasty to me.

ElRazur said:
All am trying to say is that i dont see anything wrong dumping someone via sms. If anything, it drives home the message - I dont wanna be with you anymore. It also save the person from having to deal with instant emotional backlash that could happen face to face. :)

Yes but he's trying to do it without being nasty! Do you really think the girl isn't going to be even more upset? Not only has she been dumped, but her ex had the audacity to do it over a mobile phone. He'll look like a NO SWEARING.

As for the emotional backlash, well you better not break up with her at all then? Because if she's a nutter, texting her will just make her hunt him down and attack him that way. :rolleyes:

Soldato
ElRazur said:
If anything, it drives home the message - I dont wanna be with you anymore.
So not satisfied with ending things with someone you feel the need to stick the boot in - nice. The very fact that they are upset when you tell them is indication enough that they understand what you have said.
ElRazur said:
It also save the person from having to deal with instant emotional backlash that could happen face to face. :)
The real reason anyone that would do it via text wants to do it. They don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and have an easy life. If thats what you ant to do then do it - but don't kid yourself that it is acceptable behaviour.

Soldato
I'm totally with Muban on this one.

Daveyboy, do it face to face and accept what comes with it. You liked the girl enough to date her, respect her enough to finish with her in person. She obviously likes you if she wants to be with you all the time and ending it via text (or any other medium other that doesn't give her a chance to respond for that matter) would be extremely harsh on the poor girl. :(

Back
Top Bottom