M2:TW, best nation on grand campaign?

Permabanned
What would you say is the best nation to choose on the grand campaign on Medieval 2? Ive only tried england so far but thought it was boring, i was something challengining, yet interesting, with decent military etc, but mostly just a fun and interesting game.,

(BTW i edited the game file to let me choose any nation instead of the 5/6 you choose at the start).

thanks.

Soldato
tomanders91 said:
What would you say is the best nation to choose on the grand campaign on Medieval 2? Ive only tried england so far but thought it was boring, i was something challengining, yet interesting, with decent military etc, but mostly just a fun and interesting game.,

(BTW i edited the game file to let me choose any nation instead of the 5/6 you choose at the start).

thanks.
egypt are really fun im doing them now :)

Man of Honour
With the stock game I think the HRE are pretty cool - they field a good variety of infantry (both early and high period) and heavy cavalry. England has the longbow which is the best early period weapon full stop. The Islamic factions aren't quite as exciting in terms of military equipment early on, although they do improve. The Orthodox factions have some outright weird units and they seem to lack a little depth in my honest opinion, although this apparently is "semi" realistic, or as realistic as you're going to get with a CA game. Wait for patch 2, and Medieval Total Realism. ;)

Associate
Venice is pretty fun. You're odds on for the papacy early on which gives you a hell of an advantage when the French and Milanese get all uppity on you.

Still not easy holding it all together but very fun.

Back
Top Bottom