The **Official** Test Drive Unlimited for PC thread

Soldato
Found that using 1600x1200 res works and plays better than 1280x res. Just dont use 4x aa just 2x is enough due to not many jaggies anyhow at 1600x res. Plays great on that. No hdr as i didnt wana spoil the fps i had. lol.

Still i aint playing this game till the bug where it crashed my comp and screwed the bios is fixed. As i aint wanting to go through all that bother again of redoing my bios settings. So ill have to wait for patch and hope they know of the bug. I would register at atari forums and say this bug but meh cant be arsed and im sure i cant be only one who this happened to.

Permabanned
well...

word of warning to those who thinking of getting it...

so so so many problems since it was released... well... its still not been officially released till this friday 16th and 20th in usa.

but problems with the download version from the moment they uploaded that, could not login into game, then they fixed... 24hours it took.

then there was problem after first race, so you could not get passed... took around 48hours to fix...

now... everyone is getting freeze on save issue's (inc myself)
blue screen of deaths on sound issue's. and others. exe errors...

right now im sick of it, and it hasnt even been 2 days since i played it.
(i was a closed beta tester too) thought they would atleast have a stable version on release.... well....

ITS NOT!
they even banned my forum account on the euro forums... no pm, no warning nothing... they deleted a number of posts regarding these issue's...
so they know its there, there just hideing the problems.

so WARNING! not looking good.

Soldato
dwarf said:
I had low frame rates and fairly bad performance in the beta whatever display settings i put it on. Whould that have been to do with my graphics card or the Logitech Wingman formula force GP wheel i was using (the atari forum said something about force feedback being an issue here ) or just the game being buggy and slow?

Ive already preordered the game but i wouldnt mind cancelling that and downloading it. Will they put the download back up before friday?

Can't be the wheel because i was using the same in the beta and my system is over 3 years old. The game ran fine on low - medium settings with an AMD64 2800+, 9800 pro and 1gb RAM.

:cool:

Permabanned
lets see how good you lot are at getting bargins ;)

i think... no-one can beat me, not even delboy.

oh... and incase your wondering... i only buy stage 3 cars/bikes.
maybe the odd standard if really cheap.. but i either keep the stage 3's
or sell on ;)
testdriveunlimited20070jb9.jpg

coolicetbargin111vp6.jpg

Associate
Interested in getting this game but I was wondering if anyone knows whether you have an offline and online profile. Reason I am wondering this is because I wish to know whether I will be able to use cars etc that I get in the offline section of the game online or not?

Thanks for the help :)

Associate
PinkFloyd said:
Anyway to get this game to recognise my Xbox360 pad?
had no problems with mine apart from rumble effects not working which is explained in the readme. There is a site that has some modded drivers for the xbox pad that is supposed to enable rumble to an extent. Try the Atari forums, sure I saw it there.......

Soldato
Managed to get it working, realised I had to hold the sticks in position for a second or so before it noticed them. So that all works well now :)

However the sound quality is terrible, huge amounts of distortion, every time I lift off the sound crackles and the bass is just crackly as hell :(
I test drove a GT40 on passing a Ford dealership and the sound was shockingly bad, sound keeps disappearing altogether.

As you can see from my sig, sound card is a XiFi Xtreme Music. I've tried changed modes, turning the Crystalliser off and whilst with it set on game mode with the crystalliser off its better, its still unbearable in the GT40....

Associate
has anyone tried the new 100.x nVidia XP drivers to see if it helps with the stuttering as you're driving around? Seen quite a few people complaining about performance on the 8800 regardless of resolution or detail level. Don't know if it will be helped by new drivers or whether a patch or fix is required.

Soldato
PinkFloyd said:
Managed to get it working, realised I had to hold the sticks in position for a second or so before it noticed them. So that all works well now :)

However the sound quality is terrible, huge amounts of distortion, every time I lift off the sound crackles and the bass is just crackly as hell :(
I test drove a GT40 on passing a Ford dealership and the sound was shockingly bad, sound keeps disappearing altogether.

As you can see from my sig, sound card is a XiFi Xtreme Music. I've tried changed modes, turning the Crystalliser off and whilst with it set on game mode with the crystalliser off its better, its still unbearable in the GT40....

Both 8800's and xfi cards are having problems with TDU at the moment, hopefully a patch will be out soon. (probably after the game has been officially released everywhere - 16th March)

Soldato
::: CooliceT :: said:
lets see how good you lot are at getting bargins ;)

i think... no-one can beat me, not even delboy.

oh... and incase your wondering... i only buy stage 3 cars/bikes.
maybe the odd standard if really cheap.. but i either keep the stage 3's
or sell on ;)

ORLY?

Someone on these very forums sold a Koenisegg for $3,000 which was snapped up instantly. ;)

Permabanned
alexisonfire said:
Both 8800's and xfi cards are having problems with TDU at the moment, hopefully a patch will be out soon. (probably after the game has been officially released everywhere - 16th March)

is there really problems with the X-FI card?

i just bought the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS and its coming tomorrow. i want everything to work with it. :(

i hope it does work.

Back
Top Bottom