Cloudy Night

Soldato
Playing with my new 10-20 Sigma :D

This is on the Ashdown forest, a small clump of trees known as "Friends Clump". My sister and I went out for a drive to test my new lens, this was taken on the way back.

main.php

On the way back from the reservoir where I took these two.
Very pleased with the lens so far :)
main.php

main.php

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Awesome :cool:
I was driving home from work tonight and noticed the strange light reflecting off the clouds. I wish I had went out and caught it, it was beautiful.

I love that shot, especially the stars. Excellent.

Soldato
OP
Added some more from this evening :)

Thank Scuzi, it certainly was a striking scene. I was facing the other way taking some shots of the town lights, when I turned to go back to the car I just had to stop and take that final picture of the night :)

Soldato
OP
The first picture was a 30 second or so exposure, at ISO 350ish, and was really really noisy, I had to use NeatImage to fix the grainyness a bit, and still wasn't quite perfect. Is it normal to get so much noise at this film speed? I even get some noise with ISO 100 when taking low light shots :(

Man of Honour
What camera did you use and what sort of exposure time did it have? My 400D seems to get a bit of noise with very long exposures (>20 seconds) in the dark.

Soldato
OP
D70, 30seconds ish.
I had "Long exposure NR" turned on... I might head back tonight if the weather holds and try again with that off. Seems crazy, but hey :/
I also get a bucketload of noise using my macro lens, on long or short exposures :(
*kicks his camera in the nuts*

Back
Top Bottom