USB Port woes

Associate
So, some backstory. With my Razer Diamondback plugged in (and polling rate set to 125) my headset would function perfectly, no errors. If I increased the polling rate of the mouse, the headset would complain about no bandwith available. So I recently bought a new mouse, Copperhead, and after i plugged it in (with lack of drivers from Razer, I have to say) it all worked well. So I decided to plop my headset on, and start up some games. Oh noes. Headset was complaining again. Bear in mind this was after I installed Vista, so there is no way to change the polling rate (that I am aware of :confused: ) and when I test my hz using a nifty lil tool its generating around 500hz polling rate, which I know if i lowered to 125, the headset would jiff along just great. The OS I am using is Vista64, so razer drivers don't work, so I can't use the config to change the polling rate, and there is no way I can change the polling rate globally. Any ideas?

Associate
Are they both plugged in to the same usb root hub? I believe that each root hub shares bandwidth across the two usb ports it controls, so if you use a different usb port it should give you more bandwidth for your headset.

I'm not certain if this is correct, but hey, it won't cost you anything and it's easy to try!:)

Associate
OP
Im not actually sure. I have 4 USB ports on the back on my PC and 2 on the front panel. I've tried having the keyboard and mouse at the back, then putting the headset at the front, adn putting the headset at the back. No luck :(

Associate
OP
bandwithkf9.jpg

This is the window I get when I plug it in and try to play something through the headset.

Associate
Sorry, that was all I could think of. Maybe a pci usb card would work? Although there is probably a way of getting it to work with your current set-up, without having to buy extra hardware (unfortunately I don't know enough about usb devices to say). Is it possible to reduce the settings for the headset so that it does not require as much bandwidth?

If no-one else can help, the only other option may be to wait for updated Vista drivers for your mouse, which give you the option to reduce the polling rate.

Associate
OP
Yeah im gonna try and reduce the quality (as it usually is only used for TS). I used my laptop to update the firmware with the 125Hz settings (doubt that is how it works) and still no difference. Will report back.

Associate
OP
OK, absalutely no sucess :( I managed to get it working in itunes for a brief time, but as soon as I closed itunes, "Oh noes! the bandwidth is br0ke!". So I'll just wait until Razer get off their *** and release a friggin driver.

//Edit - Just noticed this from www.RazerZone.com/Microsoft-Vista/

All Razer drivers for the Windows Vista 64-bit Operating System are currently undergoing WHQL certification and we anticipate having them ready in the coming weeks.

:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom