Lilly Allen = Chav?

Man of Honour
Ice Tea said:
However, Allen has roared back at the 'Love Me Or Hate Me' rapper on her notorious MySpace blog, saying, "In response to Miss Sovereign's comments, I've spoken to my dad and he says he'd be happy to adopt you if you think it will give you a leg up."

Now that is class.
I love Lily Allen and think her album is very funny (and thats coming from someone who is very old and listens to Slayer).

Soldato
she has a odd dress sence, and for me the immediate word that does leap to mind is chav. however as others said, shes not out there drawing on my wall, or keying my car or mugging old ladies or loitering on street corners so no, she isnt.

when i were a lad (all of oooo 7-10 years ago) we just used to ride around on our bikes, ask people if they wanted their car washed and played football. im glad i missed this group of youngsters that seem obsessed with getting drunk smoking and loitering menacinly on street corners walking around like they own the town because there are parts of society that is scared that they have a knife in their pocket. especialy when they do.

Suspended
titaniumx3 said:
What does it matter anyway? The music is more or less chav.
Haha, not at all. The music that some idiots like to label as "chav music" (like Lily Allen, The Streets, Dizzee Rascal, Lady Sov etc.) is some of the most thought-out and innovative music around today. At least they're not singing about their unrequited love or the ****ing Iraq war like Coldplay or Radiohead.

The music isn't desperately revolutionary (although I'm struggling to think of anyone who sounds like Lily Allen...) but who cares - it's fun to listen to.

I've seen Lily Allen live too, and she most certainly can sing.

Last edited:
Associate
who cares if she is a chav , her music sucks

she wouldnt know a good lyric if it cralled up her but and caused her to have an orgasam through prostate stimulation

yeah, i know , makes you think huh

Soldato
lowrider007 said:
Surprinsingly I have to say I fully agree with what she says there.

Same goes for this imo

Lily Allen said:
"[Amy Winehouse] goes to all those parties, though, and hangs out with Kelly Osbourne and Kate Moss. I don't understand that need to become famous. In my country, I think I have a reputation of being a bad role model for kids. Yet nobody's ever had a picture of me rolling out of a nightclub at five in the morning completely out of my head on Ecstasy, and coked out of my brains. I always find that really peculiar. That's never gonna happen to me, because really I'm not like that. If I wanted to be like a rich and famous celebrity, I would be going to those celebrity parties and film premieres, but that's just not what I'm here for and not what I find interesting. And in my spare time I like to stay at home with my boyfriend and watch television. I have had my days of going out and getting trashed, but I don't really, anymore."

Associate
I haven't been to London in a while, but if she is a chav then are all the chavs in London walking around in floral dresses and Cons? I doubt she's wearing Elizabeth Duke.

IMHO she's not a chav, but still bloody annoying. I can't help but laugh at some of her songs and her blog is pretty good (see Lady Sov post above).

Now >these< are chavs.

Man of Honour
I suppose I'm talking like a father here but I'm amazed about all the bad remarks about her.
I actually go out of my way to listen to her when she comes on the TV and my girls usually shout 'Lily Allens on'.
Every time I've heard her speak she has been well mannered, shes been a role model for young girls and I haven't heard her **** anybody else off.
Whats more she really does seem surprised at her success.
However, the very first picture I ever saw of her was in a sunday paper with a flowery dress on, pint in one hand and a fag in the other which immediately made me think ill of her.
I've totally changed my mind now.

Back
Top Bottom