Sigma 10-20mm Filters

Associate
As the title, I would like to get a Circular Polariser for the 10-20mm but have read reviews about vignetting epsecially below 12mm. Has anyone else got this lens, if so what CP do you use, any examples>?

Also I would like to get some sort of ND kit for it too, I was thinking of getting the Cokin P holder with some Hi-Tech ND's and grads...Or should i look for some screw on ND's? Again does anyone have this lens with some sort of ND setup?

Associate
OP
When i say a screw on, i mean something like a hoya cp filter and then the cokin system infront of it? will that work?

Just done some more reading and apparently the Wide Angle Cokin-P will work ok

Associate
I have the sigma 10-20 and I get very slight vignetting with just a cp filter on it. It's a hoya pro1 digital so its pretty slim.

As for using Cokin filters, there will be a chance of vignetting unless you buy the wide angle adaptor

Associate
OP
So can someone confirm, that the Cokin-P Wide Angle holder works ok with the Sigma 10-20mm and that I can use a Circular Polariser behind the holder?

Otherwise how do you go about using an ND with a CP for this lens?

Associate
Otherwise how do you go about using an ND with a CP for this lens?

I use Lee filters with the sigma. Even then I had to buy the wideangle adaptor and reduce the size of the Lee filter holder if I wanted to use it along with a CP filter. The chances of using a cp and a cokin holder seem slim.

Associate
OP
Ok so this is a bit of a no go area, unless i buy something like the lee holder or the cokin-z and a polariser to go with it...

Its a very expensive setup...

Is there a real need to use a CP with a ND? As im only a newbie to the area,

Should i Just get a CP screw on filter, and the cokin p wide angle?

And just not use the two together....

Or are there any screw on ND systems that can be used with CP's? Just until I get the feel of it?

Back
Top Bottom