Windows XP Activation

Associate
Just reinstalled XP and put in my CDKey, setup zipped through it (MUCH faster than Vista I have to say) and then it asked to activate windows. Sure, next next next. Product has been activated too many times on this machine. Im not sure what this means? I haven't changed any hardware (except maybe a mouse?) So is a call to Microsoft in order?

Associate
Steve Watford said:
Just reinstalled XP and put in my CDKey, setup zipped through it (MUCH faster than Vista I have to say) and then it asked to activate windows. Sure, next next next. Product has been activated too many times on this machine. Im not sure what this means? I haven't changed any hardware (except maybe a mouse?) So is a call to Microsoft in order?

Yea just ring microsoft and explain you have just reinstalled. Click activate and activate via phone and you get a number and will prob not even have to speak to a person just a robot.

If you do speak to a person just tell them you have just reinstalled there shouldnt be a problem mate.

Good luck

Soldato
least its not college kids who are more busy planning night out with persons sat around them. God working in a call centre was such a laugh, i was crap at my job so i used to goodwill gesture credit onto peoples accounts who i couldnt help :d

Associate
peetee said:
least its not college kids who are more busy planning night out with persons sat around them. God working in a call centre was such a laugh, i was crap at my job so i used to goodwill gesture credit onto peoples accounts who i couldnt help :d

We need more people like you out there. :D

Soldato
Well i may go back to call centre as a summer job, hey i see it as fair, if someone takes the time to ring and gets through to me, who has no idea howto do his job through no fault of his own, then the customer obviously needs a gesture of goodwill as the company is at fault. Id sure love £20 knocking off my bill for everytime i ring orange. Anyone from orange want to take a poor student up on his offer? Iv give you guys £210 in the past 2 months!

Back
Top Bottom