Cheap International Calls? YourCall?

Ben

Ben

Associate
Hi.

I'm trying to find ways to reduce the cost of calling my girlfriend in Sweden, currently I've got it down to me having a SkypeIn Number and using VoxLib, and then either calling her on her Skype account or her home phone (which works out at just less than 2p per minute).

Last night I stumbled across YourCall on google, and it looks great, I'm on T-Mobile on their £35 per month package, so get quite a lot of inclusive minutes. However Skeptical ol' me thinks the YourCall thing is probably too good to be true.
Has anyone used it? and is there a catch like ads or so? or do you start getting ad messages via SMS from using them?
Or does anyone know of a tried and tested similar service?

Cheers

Associate
If I am not mistaken, those numbers come under 'Personal Numbers' which appear like mobiles but are anything but.

I think those services are designed to scam unsuspecting people thinking the 07 is a mobile number.

I know you said you are on T-Mobile but for you info. With 3, you can get an addon called International Saver - for £15/month you get unlimited calls to Sweden or if you have 3's X-series addon for £5, you can use Skype on your phone to dial other Skype users with no extra charges.

Does anyone know if T-Mobile has some form of International calling plan?

Ben

Ben

Associate
OP
Space Cowboy said:

Cool, also Digging a bit deeper on MSE we get to this, which shows YourCallWorld is valid :)

I know you said you are on T-Mobile but for you info. With 3, you can get an addon called International Saver - for £15/month you get unlimited calls to Sweden or if you have 3's X-series addon for £5, you can use Skype on your phone to dial other Skype users with no extra charges.

Does anyone know if T-Mobile has some form of International calling plan?

Yeah I was looking at 3, but I'm still tied into T-Mobile for another 7 months :( (damn 18 month contract).
They have an international call thing for £2.50 per month, but that just reduces the charges to about 20p per minute (instead of 70p), so it's cheaper to use what I already do above :(

Associate
Im on T-Mobile and Ive been using YourCall for a while, never had any charges outside inclusive minutes :)

this is what appeared on my bill :

15/03/07 18:13 07755500500 Standard Call 00:04:13 £0.000

p/s: never received any SMS from them either ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom